Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Year's Fitness Resolutions 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Been out with a knee problem (both knees too :/) for like months now, but starting to get back into things. Have to use orthotics though, yeahh..

1. Get more cardio done (running/football/gym), at least 3-4 times a week.
    2. Use the gym in school at least once a week *I'm a busy guy with CAS and all :/* or maybe get a membership for one near my condo
    3. Cut down on the McDs
    4. Fat ain't an issue. It's the lack of muscle. ESPECIALLY upper body. But a six-pack to start with would be good at least

ReputationRep:
    Run 3 or four times a week. (I've been so lazy since I went back to college)

My family have ordered this exercise machine, so go on that every other day.

Cut back on the carbs.

Drink more water.

Get to 8 and a half stone by March. ( So about four pounds each month)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What are you going to do differently this year?
    How are you maybe going to change the way you train?
    Are you going to eat/drink more or less of something?
    Are you going to try a new exercise?
    Are you going to join a gym for the first time?

1) Attempt to build muscle as a priority rather than lose weight. (The fat should drop off anyway resulting in weight loss)

2) Less cardio, more resistance and strength

3) Drink more milk for protein, eat less takeaways

4) I would like to learn a martial art or sword fighting

5) Already a member, very happy with my membership, puregym just £16 per month.

ReputationRep:
    i want to spend more time with my parents,and read more books.

ReputationRep:
    More Olympic lifting and more flexibility work will be the main changes I will make.

ReputationRep:
    i just want to get toned
    but some nice abs would be awesome too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK22)
    ... a no fat diet?
    :hmmmm:
    No fat, high protein :P

ReputationRep:
    Take up running outside (Instead of just on a treadmill like I usually do) and stick to it.

My Dad wants me to do the 10k run with him in June. So I'll try and aim for that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.