Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you ENJOY your first kiss? (Poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you enjoy your first kiss?
    Yes, I'll remember it for the rest of my life!
    25.47%
    No way, it was awful. I'm trying to forget about it.
    19.25%
    Eh. Nothing special, nothing terrible.
    37.68%
    I've never had my first kiss.
    17.60%

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it. Neither of us had kissed before, so we had no idea what to do; it's true that it's best not to think about it and just let it happen. It was nice, but not particularly memorable. Kissing my bf now, however, is :coma:

ReputationRep:
    very..awkward. neither of us knew what we were doing

ReputationRep:
    I probably didn't know what I was doing but I loved it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    There's been a few posts (including the thread below that inspired this...) about how old you were when you had your first kiss, but did you actually enjoy it? Some people claim to have a romcom-esque, romantic first kiss, some claim it was an experience they'd rather forget... but which is more common? If it was bad, was it because you sucked (no pun intended) or because of your partner? Were you drunk? And if it was nice, what made it special? Were you glad you waited (if you were a late bloomer) or did you prefer having it earlier?

I've never done a poll by the way, so if something goes wrong... give me a few minutes, haha.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. "Eh" seems to be the most popular response, which I'm kinda surprised about.
    Hey, what's with the neg?
    it was awful! she kissed me in order to shut me up about something, she nearly ate me and wouldn't get her tongue out! sore jaw afterwards *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    It was horrible and awkward. Like someone said, a washing machine. It was too wet and tasted like ash because he had smoked before. I had forgot it but thanks to this thread I can remember it now... I hate nothing as much as a tongue deep in my throat and my jaws almost breaking. I remember when I just thought "Is this kissing? I want never to do this again! When will this stop? Should I just leave and say nothing... This is torture, say that you have to go to the kitchen..." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My first kiss was really truly awful. It put me off kissing for years and years and actually became phobic!

ReputationRep:
    Awful.
    We had no idea what we were doing.
    I just remember we both had our eyes open and I was staring at a seagull.

ReputationRep:
    Forgetting spin the bottle etc, my first REAL kiss was amazing

Yeah I did actually, I was 18 so pretty late But glad I waited as it was with a guy I really care about
    Although I was really worried that he could somehow tell it was my first time?

ReputationRep:
    It was unexpected and he smoked so he didn't taste nice :/
    I don't seem to enjoy kissing that much either, so idk if it was especially bad compared to others I've had...

12, playing truth or dare. Thats all I'm saying :nothing:

ReputationRep:
      Haha, terrible. I went in for a peck but she misinterpreted it as a frenchie.

A wee bit embarrassing

ReputationRep:
      I'd just turned 15 and we were both hideously drunk. He went straight in with the tongue, no messing, which I wasn't expecting so I had to pull away before I bit it off. We kissed again slightly more successfully later on that night. Then again the next weekend. And again, and again...

In fact a year later we were kissing very successfully indeed

ReputationRep:
      It was pretty bad, and made worse by her wearing braces.

ReputationRep:
      about 11 years old. School PE equipment shed.

Wasn't the best, certainly wasn't the worst

ReputationRep:
      no, mega cringe.

ReputationRep:
      As kisses go, it wasn't exactly AWESOME but it wasn't bad either. But the scenario was lovely therefore I did enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
      Of course. It's a very funny memory that makes me laugh everytime i think about it. :love:

ReputationRep:
      So awful I genuinely thought I might be a lesbian for a while.

ReputationRep:
      Don't remember it! :lolwut:

I was young and drunk. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.