Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about weight gained this holiday season Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca :))
    Same! I haven't gained a stone but I've gained a bit
    I'm going to start going jogging again to try and shift it because I stopped, like you, due to weather conditions...running in the snow/ice doesn't sound fun to me!aha
    also if i roughly halve my calorie intake I can lose 3-4lbs in a week...i don't think that's very healthy though so I wouldn't recommend it!
    How? That's about 14,000 calories of deficit.

(Original post by babygirl110)
    Lol, I think my diet plan will involve drastically reducing my calorie intake. It's just increased because of parties I've been going to, mainly people's work do's and evenings out. The more I start to eat, the more my body gets used to a lot of food so if I reduce my calorie intake it can go back to normal overtime.
    Don't do this. Cut back a little and exercise more.

(Original post by Becca :))
      Same! I haven't gained a stone but I've gained a bit
      I'm going to start going jogging again to try and shift it because I stopped, like you, due to weather conditions...running in the snow/ice doesn't sound fun to me!aha
      also if i roughly halve my calorie intake I can lose 3-4lbs in a week...i don't think that's very healthy though so I wouldn't recommend it!
      If you know it's not healthy, why are you even thinking of doing it, let alone even encouraging it to others?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Brotherhood)
      How? That's about 14,000 calories of deficit.
      I genuinely don't know :| I wasn't huge at the time either, I was about 9 1/2 stone (yeah, I know that's not thin, but I wasn't a whale!) I definitely didn't eat 14 000 calories less in a week and I didn't do any more exercise. So yeah, I've done it on more than one occasion actually, so I don't really understand...maybe my metabolism is a bit messed up.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      If you know it's not healthy, why are you even thinking of doing it, let alone even encouraging it to others?
      I didn't expect to lose so much weight because I did still eat, I wouldn't try to lose that much in a week. I said that I didn't think it was a good idea to try...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      I don't think she was encouraging people.

ReputationRep:
      I have gained a lot of weight over the past month, but I am not worried, because my family are going on a diet in the new year. bring it onnn.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.