Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you wear to a interview? Watch

ReputationRep:
    £50 suit, you money bags

ReputationRep:
    Their is a sale on at next at the moment,where I picked up a blazer for £40,trousers for £20 and shoes for £42 at River Island.(I already have a smart shirt,and will borrow my dad's tie) There are some bargains to be had.

A friend of mine picked up a full suit for £10 in a charity shop,which he's had for a couple of years

Shop around a bit. Also,lots of women wear suits!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the subject you've applied for. The likes of medicine and some of the business related degrees, I'd say go for formal. For the likes of sciences (speaking from experience), you could get away with smart casual (no jeans, no trainers), but a suit is a bit OTT.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say anything black and white, nothing too flashy. Something like this:

and yes I know it looks a bit too professional, but along those lines of black skirt and suitable top

ReputationRep:

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)

This.
    Lololololololol. definitely makes an impression. anyway, ive said it before and others have said it too, for courses like medicine and law and vetinary sciences etc, with a suit you cant go wrong. With other subjects, smart casual will tend to go down better. I would advice you to never do casual casual just because even if it is a real artsy course or w/e (soz artsy people I dont really know much about artsy shiz so this might be wrong) and they dont care if you come in the quoted picture, its your future, so even if they dont care you should, and treat it seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulalobb)
    I have a interview coming up ... what shall i wear? Formal or casual clothing? Any suggestions?
    ive got an interview with harper adams next week and im just planning on wearing a smart dress (http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...omen%7EDresses) with dollyshoes =]

for a guy i would suggest smart suit trousers, black shoes, shirt and tie =]

ReputationRep:
    Hey, tinkiebinkie
    I had my interview at harper adams in december, just thought i'd let you know that you spend half the day going on a tour of the campus, sooo you might wanna dress accordingly to that lol
    I dont know if you've visted the campus before or not, but a looot of it is farming land. So just a suggestion, maybe don't wear a dress, but smart trousers/jeans and a shirt.
    I just wore smart jeans, a shirt and welliees...

Got a conditional from them yesterday
    Animal health and Welfare

Good Luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Something smart, better to be overdressed rather than underdressed. I doubt at a university interview they will reject you if you turn up in jeans though. Smart trousers, a t-shirt, a blazer/smart jumper/cardigan, and smart but sensible shoes (as in not trainers or shoes you might wear clubbing) should be fine, but if you can't make an outfit like this, I wouldn't worry.

I think it's important you feel comfortable in what you are wearing, and stay away from low cut tops/ really short skirts/ shorts/ slogans that may be offensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.