Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Very nice OHP. I'm impressed.

Keep it up etc...
    Uh, seriously? Admittedly the last few weren't easy and there was a little leg drive but I sooo wana be able to get the weight on my shoulders to squat better. That's my main priority at the mo

(Original post by whiplash)
    If you can balance it on something above belly height you should be easily able to crouch under it and lift off in a bottom ass to grass dead start position. Make sure it's firmly held (don't want it snapping your neck) and be careful not to overdo it with your back.
    Yehh, good Power clean practise too?? Ha. But yeh I agree and I'm gona be at the gym next week and therefore have someone spotting so I won't be as worried about throwing my weight around Cheers.

(Original post by M Loy is God)
    Long time no SPEAK! someone's gone up in the world!
    overlord??!?!?!?!?!?
    You are very random! Although I'm much more concerned about my lifts than my title!

(Original post by Becca)
    Jealous of your OHP!
    Wow... I feel honoured! It's secretly my favourite lift

Thanks everyone, messages boost confidence I like it.

Iron cardio tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Woo Iron Cardio :love:

Decreasing reps each set (6-1)

DL
    R.DL
    Row
    -Whatever it's called... cba-
    Front squat
    Press
    Squat
    Good morning - Although I only did these on sets of less reps as I was really toppling over.

Porridge
    Banana
    Pasta with tuna
    Biscuits and catflap (****ty school flapjack) - see this is why I shouldn't work in a school :/
    Jacket potato with tuna, cheese and mixed veg
    Orange
    And I might be a little peckish...

I also play around on the Wii fit each evening - more to try to improve my balance - but also to half prove to my mum (maybe) that eating properly IS important for fat loss, ie, eating in moderation not starving yourself, like she does :rolleyes:. Hopefully if my shape changes a little over the months she'll see that it's not achieved through starvation and justifying a biscuit by limping on the spot and pumping the Wii fit controlled really hard. /moan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Generally it isn't advisable to do five sets of five on the deadlift as it is a highly stressful exercise. You'll progress just as well with one set and probably remain fresher for longer.
    Wow, really? I've not always done 5x5 for deadlifts but I've been doing it recently. I guess I'll stick to 3x5 and squat more often.

ReputationRep:
    Lifting

3x5 Deadlift @42.5kg
    2x8 Squats @ 42.5kg!! I got the beast over my head... I am officially proud
    3x5 Rows @ 35kg

I've clearly been way too careful but hey... it's always nice to see improvement.

Porridge & Apricot Jam
    Apple
    Sliced egg and tomato sandwich
    Olives
    Spicy Chicken, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with brown rice
    Courgette and mushroom bread - I made it :proud:

Peeling potatoes was so difficult after all that gripping

ReputationRep:
    Nice squatting and OHP! How come you dont go above 42.5kg on deadlifts?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest taking whey protein and eating a lot more greens. Get some good quality protein with each meal too (tofu, chicken etc). I also suggest taking fish oil to help lose wieght if thats what your doing. Also remember to drink 1litre per 20kg of body weight of water a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    Nice squatting and OHP! How come you dont go above 42.5kg on deadlifts?
    Thanks I can't fit any more weights on my spin lock bar :facepalm: But panic not, I start hitting the gym on Monday so will be able to lift whatever weight I like And I'm stupidly excited about this... plus I'll be able to use the bench

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to get the bar on your back :awesome:?

Good job :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermay88)
    I suggest taking whey protein and eating a lot more greens. Get some good quality protein with each meal too (tofu, chicken etc). I also suggest taking fish oil to help lose wieght if thats what your doing. Also remember to drink 1litre per 20kg of body weight of water a day.
    Yeh I'm aware that my diet isn't perfect. Unfortunately I live with parents who eat terrible food, so I buy what I can but sadly they then help themselves to my nice food and I end up skint and living off microwaveable cauliflower cheese and plastic meat. Oh well, I'll do as much as I can. I think I'll train for a while before I consider whey protein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    How did you manage to get the bar on your back :awesome:?

Good job :yy:
    I threw it. Pretty much. Nice bruises!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, with all the negs on the OP it's a good thing I don't put rep before fitness

Iron Cardio complete - cold out tonight isn't it, brrrr!

Cosgrove 8 - decreasing reps (6-1) With 25kg. Needs a bit of improvement

Food:

2 scrambled eggs
    Apple
    Jacket potato with mixed veg. 2 chicken drumsticks - anyone else feel like they're back to childhood when they eat these?
    Carrot cake
    Fish fillet, cauliflower and brocolli with courgette and mushroom bread - did I mention that I made it?
    Possibly a banana shortly

Now do I fancy doing some hula hooping... hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Wow, with all the negs on the OP it's a good thing I don't put rep before fitness

Iron Cardio complete - cold out tonight isn't it, brrrr!

Cosgrove 8 - decreasing reps (6-1) With 25kg. Needs a bit of improvement

Food:

2 scrambled eggs
    Apple
    Jacket potato with mixed veg. 2 chicken drumsticks - anyone else feel like they're back to childhood when they eat these?
    Carrot cake
    Fish fillet, cauliflower and brocolli with courgette and mushroom bread - did I mention that I made it?
    Possibly a banana shortly

Now do I fancy doing some hula hooping... hmm
    You should post some vids of your squats. Have the camera on the floor,
    oh yeah and btw, its good to squat in short skirts

ReputationRep:
    If fat loss is your goal. Green tea I highly recommend. Excellent especially before you go to bed.

Also maybe as an assisstane exercise, LUNGES! They give girls hot lower bodies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    You should post some vids of your squats. Have the camera on the floor,
    oh yeah and btw, its good to squat in short skirts
    :top:

Ah, I knew I was going wrong doing it in joggers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    If fat loss is your goal. Green tea I highly recommend. Excellent especially before you go to bed.

Also maybe as an assisstane exercise, LUNGES! They give girls hot lower bodies
    I love the enthusiasm

And then you'll be happy to know that I do sip on Green Tea (didn't know it had anything to do with fat loss?), but I enjoy a nice hot cuppa camomile before bed

Since getting back to the gym this week I have been adding in weighted lunges And have been shown how to properly do Front Squats, which are way better for helping me balance. Love it.

Soooo... update - it's been a while.

Back to the gym And I'm soooo happy. Love the place, the instructors and even been introduced to the big scary men! Who all seem really nice to be honest

Monday and Today I did pretty much the same:

Deadlifts: 3x6 at 50kg
    OHP: 3x3 at 30kg - This time not using leg drive...
    Front squats: 2x10 No idea what weight :/ hmm
    Rows: 3x5 at 35kg

Hoping to get help with pull ups soon :woo:

Diet isn't great. Been feeling really full allll the time so I've ended up skipping meals then having to pick. I will have it under control soon!

Iron cardio day tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one+ rep

Decent OHP and good luck with a pull ups...

Even if you start with assisted pull ups and then just lower the assistance each week then it'll be good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Nice one+ rep

Decent OHP and good luck with a pull ups...

Even if you start with assisted pull ups and then just lower the assistance each week then it'll be good...
    Thanks. Yeh I'm not overly sure how easy it is to get good at pull ups... when we were kids it all seemed so simple The instructor said he'll find someone to assist me, maybe pally me up with another trainer. Very excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I love the enthusiasm

And then you'll be happy to know that I do sip on Green Tea (didn't know it had anything to do with fat loss?), but I enjoy a nice hot cuppa camomile before bed

Since getting back to the gym this week I have been adding in weighted lunges And have been shown how to properly do Front Squats, which are way better for helping me balance.

Back to the gym And I'm soooo happy. Love the place, the instructors and even been introduced to the big scary men! Who all seem really nice to be honest

Monday and Today I did pretty much the same:

Deadlifts: 3x6 at 50kg
    OHP: 3x3 at 30kg - This time not using leg drive...
    Front squats: 2x10 No idea what weight :/ hmm
    Rows: 3x5 at 35kg

Hoping to get help with pull ups soon :woo:

Diet isn't great. Been feeling really full allll the time so I've ended up skipping meals then having to pick. I will have it under control soon!

Iron cardio day tomorrow.
    Green tea has many health benefits as well as speeds up your metabolism. Glad to see the lunges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Green tea has many health benefits as well as speeds up your metabolism. Glad to see the lunges
    I shall do my research Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, gym was busy today. Thought I wasn't going to get to use the weights - Some guys had spread the benches and stuff across the floor and were pissing about with DBs.

So, I did sit on the bike for about 20 mins in total while waiting for the men to finish.

DL @ 50kg 3x5
    Squats @ 35kg 2x10
    OHP @ 25kg 3x3, @ 30kg 1x3

Then the men stole the florr space back before I could do lunges with weights. Boo.

Also ran total of 12 mins on treadmill. I miss running.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.