Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if all of these have Business schools but could look into them: RHUL, Reading, Essex, Surrey...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for ur reply. Any comments on Oxford Brookes University Business School? A friend of mine studying there suggested the school but some say that it's not really good.

ReputationRep:
    ey dudes =)

I will apply at following universities in their marketing and marketing communications programs:

Glasgow Caledonian
    University of Westminster
    Liverpool John Moores
    Edinburgh Napier
    Leeds Met
    Manchester Met
    London Metropolitan University
    Oxford Brookes

Again my approach was to find uni's in "exciting" cities where you can get in with a 2.2 degree as well.

Do you think of any uni's where I should try and apply as well?

What do think: There must be at least someone who accepts me? I am putting a lot of effort into my statement, have one internship already and some more from march until the program starts in september. Of course in the area of marketing.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    or do you know any programs where u study in 2 countries (France also), like London Met and Napier University offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKmasterUK)
    or do you know any programs where u study in 2 countries (France also), like London Met and Napier University offer.
    Hey UK Master ;-)

Hast Du Dir schon das Masterprogrammm an der ESE angeschaut?
    Zwei Freunde von mir studieren dort und es war extrem leicht reinzukommen (nicht mal ein GMAT), weil die Uni nicht sehr bekannt ist. Der Unterricht soll aber sehr gut sein, auch mit tollen Professoren! Viel Glück!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    Dafür würde ich mir die EAP anschauen, ich weiß allerdings nicht wie Deine Chancen da wären, ich habe gehört dass sie grossen Wert auf gute Praktika und Sprachkenntnisse legen!

ReputationRep:
    Also auf der HP von ESE steht zumindest GMAT braucht man...kA

Klingt ganz gut alles. Etwas lieber wäre mir jedoch ein Programm, dass nur 1 Jahr dauert.

ReputationRep:
    Kannst du mir vielleicht einen Link für EAP schicken, weiß nicht was du damit meinst! und LET'S SWITCH TO ENGLISH!!! =)

ReputationRep:
    Hey UKmaster.

As a rough guide the equivalency from Austrian to English is 2.0 in Austria is a 2i in the UK and 2.5 in Austria is a 2ii.

As your grade is slightly lower than the 2.5 required for a 2ii I would definitely suggest looking in to getting more experience in the field of marketing as even the institutions who accept a 2ii would have ligitimate grounds to reject your application if they wanted. Don't let that put you off though, work experience can play a big part in getting a place on a postgraduate course.

ReputationRep:
    Kannst du mir vielleicht einen Link für EAP schicken, weiß nicht was du damit meinst! und LET'S SWITCH TO ENGLISH!!! =)
    Here you are ;-):

http://www.escpeurope.eu/de/campus/e...s-escp-europe/

They have a marketing programme und you can switch between their campuses in London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid and Torino...

Good luck with your applications!!

ReputationRep:
    Also auf der HP von ESE steht zumindest GMAT braucht man...kA

Klingt ganz gut alles. Etwas lieber wäre mir jedoch ein Programm, dass nur 1 Jahr dauert.
    I'm pretty sure you don't need a GMAT for ESE because my friends didn't need one and both are doing Marketing. The information on their website says:

"Master in Marketing
    Entry Requirements
    Entrance into one of the master programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:

• application form (click here to apply online)
    • official copy of the college or university undergraduate diploma
    • official copy of the college or university transcripts
    • resume/CV
    • two letters of recommendation
    • 6.5 IELTS, 90 iBT TOEFL or 233 CBT TOEFL* (for non-native English speakers)
    • photocopy of passport / ID document
    • three passport-sized photographs
    • non-refundable € 50 application fee

* ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the Toefl exam) vary by location: ESE London is 5977, ESE New York is 5978, ESE Rome and ESE Madrid is 1610, ESE Milan is 5974 and ESE Florence is 5976.

*English Proficiency
    Candidates who have been studying for at least three years in an English speaking institution are not required to present a language qualification (TOEFL or IELTS)."

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this forum told me that I have a 2.2 equivalent and i also already asked about where to get information about that in that thread. Where do you know that from? I did not find any internet site or sth yet.

ReputationRep:
    I Just found this thing:

http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/student/u...ad/grades.html

An average grade of 3 would even mean upper second.

Germany and Austria
    1 78 First
    2 72 First
    3 65 Upper Second
    4 55 Lower Second
    5 35 Fail - Resit required

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this forum told me that I have a 2.2 equivalent and i also already asked about where to get information about that in that thread. Where do you know that from? I did not find any internet site or sth yet.
    I got it from UK NARIC, the governing body for the UK in regards to converting international qualifications into UK equivalents.

Looking at the link you posted in your other thread I think the table is somewhat misleading. The grades from Austria in the table link to the equivalent grade specifically from Cass. Although if you are applying to Cass, that doesn't really matter because it would mean that you meet their entry requirements. Just be careful assuming you have a 2i based on that one website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelyrita)
    Here you are ;-):

http://www.escpeurope.eu/de/campus/e...s-escp-europe/

They have a marketing programme und you can switch between their campuses in London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid and Torino...

Good luck with your applications!!
    Do you know if people from London can do that programme?

Also the cost of these:

Master in Management
    Master in European Business (MEB)
    Master in Marketing and Creativity
    x m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    Do you know if people from London can do that programme?

Also the cost of these:

x m
    I don't see any reason why not ;-)

"Tuition fees at ESCP Europe
    Annual fees for new students entering ESCP Europe in 2010-2011
    (including 600€ for registration fees)
    Students entering at the pre-master level:
    •Pre-Master year 8,800€
    •Each Master year at the European Union citizens' tuition fees
    Students entering at the master level:
    •11,300€ for European Union citizens per Master year
    •15,300€ for Non European Union citizens per Master year
    In order to evaluate local expenses, one should take into account the cost of living in each city where ESCP Europe has a campus. Cost of living varies between 650 to 1,000 euros a month in Paris, Berlin, Madrid and Torino but is more expensive in London (up to 1400 euros).
    "

ReputationRep:
    I Just found this thing:

http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/student/u...ad/grades.html

An average grade of 3 would even mean upper second.

Germany and Austria
    1 78 First
    2 72 First
    3 65 Upper Second
    4 55 Lower Second
    5 35 Fail - Resit required
    I can tell you that normally an upper second means a minimum average of 2.0 (Gut), at least at LSE, KCL and QMUL

ReputationRep:
    I saw someone linked to ESCP-Europe, and that does definitely not fit your title "not too hard to get in"! ESCP is ranked one of the very best in France, and also one of the top in Europe. Maybe their Marketing program is easier to get into than Management, but not too easy I would imagine, and certainly nothing for someone with average grades. Getting accepted to the "grandes ecoles" in France is something French students work years to even consider.

The ones you have listed sound better. Alternatively, you can get some work experience. Obviously, apply many places, but applications sometimes take time and effort, and getting many rejections can be demotivating. I know several with degrees from Uni of Westminster with great jobs

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If you're applying to ESCP-Europe, why not apply to LSE as well? It's not really easier to get in, you know :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.