Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    Hey Gemma I like your new picture. Seriously now that dream you said you had needs to be broken in the name of Jesus. I am a strong Christian and I know that the spiritual world is more real than this world. I know of a few cases where people dream things and then it happens in the future. An example of this is a little boy I knew died after being hit by a car. The boy's uncle said he had a dream 2 days before that his nephew had been hit and killed by the car. it happened just as it did in the dream.
    Gemma a lot of witchcraft is taking place all over the world and Christians like myself pray against the evil curses in the Name Of Jesus to break and destroy them.
    I'm going to be very blunt, you sound like a right weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    yes a couple of times. One was caused because in reality my cat had sat on my face(struggling to breath), one was leg pain/cramp in real life which was me being stabbed in the dream and one was an intensely painful prolonged dream but no physical pain when I awoke, which was very odd and confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Years ago when i was little, it was after my nanna's dog had died.
    In the dream she was like emma meet my two new dogs, purpley and bluey (inventive I know) and they were just snarling everywhere and started chasing me so i'm running for my life down this random corridoor and eventually they caught me up and started clawing the hell out of my back.
    In the dream it was REALLY painful, then i woke up all out of breath with horrible back pain!o_O

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you feel physical pain, if I do, I don't remember it afterwards. I'm pretty sure dreams can give you emotional pain though, I've had a few dreams when I was younger that made me cry because I was so sad

ReputationRep:
    No, but lucid dreams are a real pain in the arse for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrnightcat)
    So I was just in the mood to post something really random and weird today.

Have you felt pain in your dreams before? What I mean is getting hurt in a dream, and then feeling realistic pain along with it, though not necessarily waking up with any pain.

I find it endlessly interesting how our brain is so capable of producing such realistic, but false things within dreams. Up until last Saturday, I never remembered feeling any pain in dreams before, and also in real life I've never had a proper electric shock before. I found out however that my brain was pretty good at guessing the sensation during Saturday morning's dream.

I was in some hospital, and a doctor wanted to do some weird test on me, like an X-ray but using electricity. This involved passing three long, thick needles into my left hand, left chest and left temple, apparently, and then I'd get an electric shock. No reason why of course, it's a dream. I felt each of those needles going in, and I could feel amazingly realistic pain. I groaned out loud and turned my head away when they were trying to push a long needle into my left hand. Afterwards came the electric shock, which was big and painful but probably not realistic. It was a sudden pain everywhere and contracted my muscles. Apparently, I moved too much and had to have it done again. I woke up from the pain of another needle going through my hand. Obviously there was no real pain when I woke up though, since it was not real.

The dream took an unexpectedly humorous turn when a doctor was talking to another patient, and said "Well of course you've got a liver problem now, you put all those Brussel sprouts under the wheel so what do you expect?" Yeah, I know. I'll just leave it at that.

Anyone else got a painful/funny story to share?
    you been watching too much inception again? amazzzzzzzing film!

ReputationRep:
    No... but i have had some weird nightmares.. where when i wake up i've felt scared or sad :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Yeah, that happens to me a lot. I have 'waking dreams', where I feel and remember my dreams really vividly, and sometimes I can be awake and it carries on, it's bloody weird. Especially when I get the pain and feelings from dreams in waking haha.

One of the worst ones was I had a dream I was being strangled...I woke up unable to breathe, and I physically couldn't move at all, until I felt like I was about to die, and then suddenly, I was 'released', the tightness around my neck stopped and I could move.
    I was about to quote you 30minutes ago but My town had a power cut and so my computer's power shut down. anyway read my reply to Gemma . You seem to be in the same boat as her so my reply can be directed to you to.

ReputationRep:
    Yes someone punching me and tickling me. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Just last night I dreamt that an insect had crawled into my ear and it really hurt...it woke me up and I could still feel it, it was horrible as I was still half asleep but there was defiantly something rattling in my ear! I managed to calm down and try and feel in my ear when I discovered the back had come off one of my studs in the night and had fallen into my ear! Managed to get it out and fall back asleep, no harm done but it was a very bizarre sensation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes then I woke up and realised I was ejaculating whilst thinking of her majesty.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream that I was the guest of a sheik in the middle of the desert and he opened up his mini fridge and offered me a Yorkie bar, which turned out to be poisoned and also got lodged in my throat (dreams make sense) and then I woke up with a sore throat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    Hey Gemma I like your new picture. Seriously now that dream you said you had needs to be broken in the name of Jesus. I am a strong Christian and I know that the spiritual world is more real than this world. I know of a few cases where people dream things and then it happens in the future. An example of this is a little boy I knew died after being hit by a car. The boy's uncle said he had a dream 2 days before that his nephew had been hit and killed by the car. it happened just as it did in the dream.
    Gemma a lot of witchcraft is taking place all over the world and Christians like myself pray against the evil curses in the Name Of Jesus to break and destroy them.
    What an enormous crock of ****.

If you're right though, and the 1969 Dodge Charger I dreamed about the other night rocks up outside my house with a half naked Daisy Duke chilling in the front seat, you'll be seeing my ass in church next Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I got shot in the head and woke up with SoulfulBoy in my bed.
    Ah,yes. What a wonderful night, wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Not had any dreams where Ive felt pain. But have had quite a few upsetting dreams where Ive been crying and then when I woke up realised Id been crying in my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i can safely say that getting shot is a painful experience and it's now happened to me 7 times. I feel the actual pain of getting blasted with a sawn off each time and i'm frankly sick of the characters in my dreams spraying me with bullets.

Next time i'm lucid, i'm blasting some fools.

ReputationRep:
    yes! once i was having a nightmare so i pinched myself in my dream thinking it would wake me up if it was just a dream.
    it didn't! it just hurt. haha.
    i have really real dreams though, a couple of nights ago i had a dream there was a duck in my bed (i have a phobia of birds). when i woke up my boyfriends head was on my shoulder, i full on attacked him thinking it was the evil duck bahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrnightcat)
    Anyone else got a painful story to share?
    In one dream, some guy stabbed me with a bunch of knives all at once (daft I know.) It really hurt and I woke up with all the places where the knives had gone in hurting quite a bit. It was pretty strange.

I think the most unpleasent sensation in dreams is the feeling you get when you fall off something really high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Ah,yes. What a wonderful night, wasn't it?
    Yeah the sex was great. All 15 seconds of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.