Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this might not be much help but the reason that you can't get a job might not be due to your GCSE's. It might be more likely that it is because you are in 6th form so the flexibility of the hours you can do is reduced. It might be because you don't have experience. Or it might just be the fact that there are hardly any jobs available out there.

As for the money, try to explain to you Dad that you just don't have that much money. It'll be hard but even show him your accounts to prove that you just don't have that much coming in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If you are over 16 then I don't think he is legally required to house you...That said he is being a bit of a **** considering you don't have any source of income.

Then again... maybe he is fully conscious of this and just wants you out regardless.
    Your parents are legally supposed to provide shelter, safety, economic welbeing, food (your basic needs) until you are 19.

How old are you?
    If you are under 18 tell him you shouldn't be paying rent, and if you are under 16 that is wrong/disgusting/sick.

ReputationRep:
    As everyone said it is allowed but at this moment in time it's not right to ask you for that much a week as even if you got a job, it'd be part-time as you're still in school. When you get a job, offer to contribute some rent money, but discuss it so that you still have some money for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey guys, thanks for the advice, sorry i missed some info:

16yrs old, male.
    I have done nothin to upset him that i am aware of.

I am in post16/6th form - Year 12.

As for jobs, i am trying my best to get a job at something i want to do (Which is computer repair), but thus far, like i said no one has gotten back to me.
    Try getting a job doing something else then? I imagine getting a computer repair job is very much about knowing someone who works there so without that it is near impossible without experience at 16. If you desperately need a job, it shouldn't matter if its something you want to do, the only job you're likely to get is in a shop or restaurant. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Your profile pic is sikkkkk......where did you get that from?
    Thanks =) I don't have a clue, its an old one I've had for years.

OP: Isn't the best practice for repairing computers... actually repairing computers? I mean can you not start a little business, advertise in shops, the local paper etc? Something you can put on your CV if nothing else, and it might help get your Dad off your back a bit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.