Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to hint to a girl that i still like her? Watch

Bump

bump

ReputationRep:
    Reading the situation, it sounds like you do actually need to tell her. Procrastinating will only lose her attention and possible interest, and before you know it she'll be with someone else.

Text her asking whether she's seeing anyone. You'll know from her reply whether it's rocky ground or an invitation to make some moves.

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    Reading the situation, it sounds like you do actually need to tell her. Procrastinating will only lose her attention and possible interest, and before you know it she'll be with someone else.

Text her asking whether she's seeing anyone. You'll know from her reply whether it's rocky ground or an invitation to make some moves.
    i know she isnt seeing anyone mate.

Yo' u wna go owt n like bbz?

Safe?

*confused face*

Seriously, just tell her. Be a MAN, do the right thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i know she isnt seeing anyone mate.
    It's a question with connotation, she may have a guy on the mind; it allows you to understand whether it's a right time to make a move, avoiding an embarrassing mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    in BumperBo's experience, nothing makes a girl fall for you like chloroform
    You try too hard to be funny; at times your cringe-worthy.

ReputationRep:
    as title really.

not as simple as the whole asking her out part as it will show you still like her, i want to hint to the girl i still like her, see how she reacts.

One thing is im really smiley around her, like i tend to smile quiet a lot when im talking to her, not the whole time thats just creepy, just now and then because y'know i really like her and the fact that shes spending time talking to me, makes me smile. and she tends to smile back too, (she has a really nice smile too )

so any ideas.

Please no dip**** answers like: "show her your schlong!!!" cos one thats dirty and wrong and 2. i have no time for dip****s.

just tell her you like her, her spending time with you obviously means she likes your company, just i don't know tell her in a random conversation ' i still like you' and see what she says if she likes you then, obviously you can ask her out then ennit, its better to say everything at once then break it in stages because you will never get it done then, so go now and tell her x

ReputationRep:
    Screw hinting, just tell her, eloquently and intelligently, "I like you" (Just in more words than that.)

ReputationRep:
    OP has a straight on a board that is paired AND is flushing, and is arrogant enough to berate the dealer when his all-in gets called by a flush or a full house......................imo

(Original post by mr-breaker)
    OP has a straight on a board that is paired AND is flushing, and is arrogant enough to berate the dealer when his all-in gets called by a flush or a full house......................imo
    what??

ReputationRep:
    what??
    You look at your situation and think to yourself "all right! I won! time to collect my prize!"

If you took a second to think about the situation you would realise you are not ahead as much as you think.

also the last line of your OP is totally superfluous, and is an interesting insight to your psyche

I assume you are under 18 and/or have little experience with women, and/or are surrounded by guys that little experience with women otherwise you wouldn't be carrying the thought that HINTING to a woman that you like her is ever the way to go.

If you have to hint you've lost already........................

You look at your situation and think to yourself "all right! I won! time to collect my prize!"

If you took a second to think about the situation you would realise you are not ahead as much as you think.

also the last line of your OP is totally superfluous, and is an interesting insight to your psyche

I assume you are under 18 and.or have little experience with women, and/or are surrounded by guys that little experience with women otherwise you wouldn't be carrying the thought that HINTING to a woman that you like her is ever the way to go.

If you have to hint you've lost already........................
    i actually have come out and told her before without hinting to her, i actually came out and told her i liked her, face to face, so actually y should i even hint if ive done it before. Its just this time its a bit more nerve racking as i have to tell her i still like her.

And to answer your question, i am 20, and the reason i am like this is because girls dont seem to fall for the gentlemanly type even if i do come across as confident and manly. Hence why I am like this, i have had little to no success with women, so thats why i am asking for advice from you guys.

ReputationRep:
    i actually have come out and told her before without hinting to her, i actually came out and told her i liked her, face to face, so actually y should i even hint if ive done it before. Its just this time its a bit more nerve racking as i have to tell her i still like her.

And to answer your question, i am 20, and the reason i am like this is because girls dont seem to fall for the gentlemanly type even if i do come across as confident and manly. Hence why I am like this, i have had little to no success with women, so thats why i am asking for advice from you guys.
    You sound like her impending rejection is gonna crush you. You also need to get a little more aggressive with the ladies with regards to your actions.

If you want to get with her you have to be willing to envisage a time in the future where you are no longer with her. The fact that you can't do this shines through in your nervousness. You also need more women in your life.

And at your age just tell 'em what they want to hear.....................

You sound like her impending rejection is gonna crush you. You also need to get a little more aggressive with the ladies with regards to your actions.

If you want to get with her you have to be willing to envisage a time in the future where you are no longer with her. The fact that you can't do this shines through in your nervousness. You also need more women in your life.

And at your age just tell 'em what they want to hear.....................
    i may sound like im defending myself here, and not wanting to hear that shes gonna reject me, sure that may well happen, infact i kinda am 75% sure that she will reject me, but im still gonna be confident and ask her out.

But who are you to tell me that she is going to reject me "her impending" rejection, you dont even know me or her or our relationship. I may sound bitter but the way you wrote that has kinda annoyed me a bit as you dont know either of us.

Also who are you to tell me how many women i have in my life, i have many female friends, its just this particular one I have fallen for.

I thank you for your advice and i will tell her that i still like her.

(Original post by lilliehear)
    If your uncomfortable about asking her outright, just text her and try and get a conversation going. Dont overdo it and seem too keen, but just talk to her, try and ask her why her boyfriend dumped her etc, get her onto the 'relationship' topic . Most girls will get the hint or at least start to cooperate back. And if you think its going well, ask her if you want to meet up - you'll be able to tell by her reaction whether she's in to you or not. And if she's still not getting the message just tell her that your interested, good luck
    hey

thanks

im gonna tell her i still like her, get a conversation going and im gonna be like, i still like you and was wondering if you would like to.....

whats best thing to do

Cinema or Drinks or Bowling,

Bowling seems cool, as its fun activity and it allows us to talk to.

Which do u think would be cool to do
    2.Was i right to talk to that guy ^^ above my post like that.
    3.Shall I just come out with it, like I have suggested i do, and ask out in the same breath or tell her that i still like her see her reaction then ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    she knows i like her, she still talks to me, its a long story but i didnt know she had a bf, and i told her that i liked her basically i couldnt take it anymore and i told her, she said she was flattered but she already had a bf, and i know she was telling the truth as someone else had told me after i asked her out that shes got a bf, well he dumped her and i left it a while and now i want to ask her out and let her know that i still like her.

we talk quiet a lot and she smiles occasionally when i talk to her, nd I want to know if she likes me back.

I cant tell her i still like her and ask her out in the same breath can i its be too much. Puts pressure on the poor girl.
    She's probably drifting in and out of consciousness.

ReputationRep:
    Ask out her sister

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to get in the back of the ****ing van or you'll shiv her.

This normally works for me.

ReputationRep:
    i may sound like im defending myself here, and not wanting to hear that shes gonna reject me, sure that may well happen, infact i kinda am 75% sure that she will reject me, but im still gonna be confident and ask her out.

But who are you to tell me that she is going to reject me "her impending" rejection, you dont even know me or her or our relationship. I may sound bitter but the way you wrote that has kinda annoyed me a bit as you dont know either of us.
    ok

it's simple. Your actions+my experience in previous situations that have played out EXACTLY like this+the balance of probabilities = my take on the situation.

I'm not here for anyone's entertainment, I'm throwing out something (from a completely unemotional point of view) that will hopefully make you think about your predicament in a different fashion. Also color commentary, but w/e.........................
    Also who are you to tell me how many women i have in my life, i have many female friends, its just this particular one I have fallen for.
    The problem here is simple. Instead of moving on and getting someone else after you find out she has a boyfriend you kept her at the back of her mind on the off chance that she is no longer with her boyfriend (understandable as played, but sub-optimal).

One thing you should realise is that no matter how "perfect" a girl is, if you are willing to look and work hard enough there is a better girl who is dying to meet you..................you just have to find her and say hello.

without hinting.................

I thank you for your advice and i will tell her that i still like her.
    de nada

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.