Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumbo)
    I've got a offer for Imperial but 'd say Oxford. The name will carry you through life though this is just my own opinion.
    agreed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumbo)
    I've got a offer for Imperial but 'd say Oxford. The name will carry you through life though this is just my own opinion.
    Anyone who actually matters in the CS world will know that Imperial's course is better.
    Most notably, employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Anyone who actually matters in the CS world will know that Imperial's course is better.
    Most notably, employers.
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    It really won't. Employers want someone who's skilled for the job, an Oxford grad might have the name of a good university on their CV, but they sure as hell better have the skills to back that up. There's only a certain number of times you can say "I went to Oxford" in a job interview.
    If you want to work in London, maybe, although I'm not certain about that either, but if you don't intend to necessarily stay and work in the UK, Oxbridge on your CV will carry you a lot further. And I mean Oxbridge don't just land the top spots on the league tables based on nothing. There's got to be a reason why Oxbridge tops Imperial in EVERY uni ranking for Computer Science...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.