Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He won't stop texting me... Watch

ReputationRep:
    "My day has been amazing, was on a date with this guy. He's so funny, and he totally gets me. I think this is a keeper! x"

Or something else hinting you have your eyes on someone else.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Just say the" ooo I met this lovely boy the other day blah blah blah" thing.

ReputationRep:
    You have to tell him that you don't want him to text you anymore. I know it may seem harsh and a bit 'blunt' but they say you have to be cruel to be kind and if you keep ignoring him he just won't get the message. Trust me I have been in this situation before and when the girls said to me to stop texting/calling I just stopped.

ReputationRep:
    make up a new boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    **** politeness, just tell him to piss off.

Right, so out of the two what shall I do?

1). Tell him to stop texting so much as it's clingy.

2). Tell him I have met someone new.

ReputationRep:
    the man's creepy. just ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Just say that you're not used to being texted so much and that you'd rather he texted you a bit less than at present. If you say it tactfully enough then he shouldn't be offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Text him this:

You're such a great FRIEND. It's to nice have a guy FRIEND I can talk to about stuff. Btw FRIEND there's this guy I really like but I can't tell if he likes me, you think I should make a move on him?... FRIEND.

Seriously it's either that or tell him you're a hermaphodite.
    this is a great idea, except take out the last 2 friend, because is bad grammer and it will make it sound weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thing is, I'm not back at uni for another 2 and a half weeks, so I've got no choice but to sort it out over text as much as it should be done face to face really!
    Well tell him in advance that you want to meet up with him because if you do it by text it could make things extremely awarkward.So tbh I would really wait it out thats if you still want himaas a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Text him this:

You're such a great FRIEND. It's to nice have a guy FRIEND I can talk to about stuff. Btw FRIEND there's this guy I really like but I can't tell if he likes me, you think I should make a move on him?... FRIEND.

Seriously it's either that or tell him you're a hermaphodite.
    Who said he isn't into chicks with dicks... :holmes:

Tell him you aren't interested, it might hurt him but he needs to man up and look elsewhere. This will stop wasting yours and his time.

ReputationRep:
    Eugh I had and still kinda do have this same problem with someone myself. His texting got so overwhelming, that I eventually just said outright that I was sorry about my lack of replies, that I wasn't looking for anything with anyone plus I had 3 major pieces of work to hand in in weeks, which was true. He took it well and seemed to be okay with this, most people would be. I would just recommend telling the truth - just treat him as you'd like to be treated yourself if you were in his position and be straight to the point, don't faff about; he'll be able to tell if you're lying and it'll hurt him more than needed.

If he still carries on, as did mine (he's a special case of clingy), then just set him on fire, seriously.
    I've told him twice in blunt tones that I'm not interested yet he still texts, and it's led to me having to delete him off FB as he wouldn't leave me alone on there also - I'm also having his number blocked soon too :facepalm2:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've recently broken up from a long term relationship, and ever since this happened a friend off my course keeps texting me. I thought it was just friendly, like trying to be comofrting to me after the break up, but it's getting so annoying now. I will be getting texts from him just about anything really, sort of 'how are you, how's your day been?' sort of thing, and if I don't reply, it's another text saying something similar, and then texts saying will I go online. He's a nice guy and I text back for a few days out of politeness, but now it's getting on my nerves, if I don't reply, which I haven't, he texts constantly, clogging up my inbox and it's so clingey. I feel really suffocated by it, but how can I politely say I'm not interested in him/stop texting me so often?!
    I don't know if anyone's proposed this already so i'l say it anyway - let him know you're seeing someone. He'l stop texting straight away!

"Cease this incessant textage, I be ever so busy yah"

ReputationRep:
      Just tell him to leave it out. Say: 'hi, i dont know what impression you've got but I was just being polite by speaking to you. I need some space after splitting up from my boyfriend. If you liked me properly you'd understand'.

ReputationRep:
      Just tell him that u appreciate his attention & comfort but that you want to have some alone time on your own after the break up! & if he still doesn't get the message then as politely as possible tell him thanks but no thanks. Just say u don't want to date for a while & that u just want to stay friends!

ReputationRep:
      Oh god make sure you nip it in the bud, otherwise the longer you leave it the more complicated and messy it can get...

ReputationRep:
      One word replies should do the trick.
      How are you? Fine
      What you up to? Nothing
      Online later? Maybe
      You get the message, GL

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kris-one)
      One word replies should do the trick.
      How are you? Fine
      What you up to? Nothing
      Online later? Maybe
      You get the message, GL
      depends, if the girl that was texting is a 'cold' person then i won't get it. Even if that is not the case you need to reply like this on a regular basics, if it's just for one day then he wouldn't just think you are having bad day and won't stop.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lawlet)
      depends, if the girl that was texting is a 'cold' person then i won't get it. Even if that is not the case you need to reply like this on a regular basics, if it's just for one day then he wouldn't just think you are having bad day and won't stop.
      Yeah I guess so. But surely only a few days of this would be needed before he takes the hint. If not I guess you don't have much option then to politely as possible tell them to do one.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.