Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do guys always seem to go for *****es instead of nice girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Maybe not always, but I see this happen a lot. I don't get it :confused:. Are nice girls too boring for them or something? I noticed that *****y people in general tend to be treated better than nicer people (like me :emo: ), and it's so unfair! What's the point in having a good personality when it doesn't even work!? :mad:
    All girls are *****es lol.

Also "nice girls" seem harder to approach

ReputationRep:
    They like a bit of the old hard to get. Like they have really achieved something.

(Original post by Lemons)
    So I'm a ***** because I have a boyfriend? Chiquita, you need to grow up.
    OK, it was a generalisation, and maybe you're an exception, but certainly something I've noticed. A lot of *****y girls seem to be in relationships, and a lot of nice girls seem to be single. A bit bizarre, I must say.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not always, but I see this happen a lot. I don't get it :confused:. Are nice girls too boring for them or something? I noticed that *****y people in general tend to be treated better than nicer people (like me :emo: ), and it's so unfair! What's the point in having a good personality when it doesn't even work!? :mad:
    don't forget this!

Why nice girls always go out with guys that are basically *****?

ReputationRep:
    OK, it was a generalisation, and maybe you're an exception, but certainly something I've noticed. A lot of *****y girls seem to be in relationships, and a lot of nice girls seem to be single. A bit bizarre, I must say.

Not really. Most posts on here have answered your question.

Guys like confidence
    The girls you class as '*****y' have confidence
    Hence the guys like those girls.

There isn't much to it.

Though let me put it this way... the kind of guys you like.. are they the quiet, nice guys that rarely get noticed, or rarely get attention... or the 'popular' ones the *****y girls go for?

Pot, meet kettle.

ReputationRep:
    Not this...Again....

'Not every guy is the same', 'you haven't met every guy yet', 'be patient'...blah blah blah

How about you GTFO, or answer my questions?
    That might have just disproved your theory

ReputationRep:
    Because you feel guilty doing nasty things to a nice, sweet girl in the bedroom. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very nice:^_^:

Though I guess that doesn't always work in your favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)
    O______o.
    All turtles are green and brown. That tree is green and brown, therefore it is a turtle.
    Not the same. Maybe you should check that your 'analogy' works before trying to throw logic at me.

Boys always go for *****es.
    Therefore boys never go for nice girls.
    Girls with boyfriends must have been 'gone for' by their boyfriend.
    Girl must be a *****.

=> no missing stages

Turtles are green and brown
    X is green and brown
    X is a turtle

=> missing all green and brown things are turtles.

The trick is the 'always' as used by the OP in their title, if boys always go for *****es then they never go for nice girls. Obviously, she qualified it in the post, but frankly, after reading the title I wasn't that bothered about reading the rest.

Edit: Wow, should have realised you'd neg for pointing out you were wrong :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You're probably not hot.

(Original post by Lemons)
    Not the same. Maybe you should check that your 'analogy' works before trying to throw logic at me.

Boys always go for *****es.
    Therefore boys never go for nice girls.
    Girls with boyfriends must have been 'gone for' by their boyfriend.
    Girl must be a *****.

=> no missing stages

Turtles are green and brown
    X is green and brown
    X is a turtle

=> missing all green and brown things are turtles.

The trick is the 'always' as used by the OP in their title, if boys always go for *****es then they never go for nice girls. Obviously, she qualified it in the post, but frankly, after reading the title I wasn't that bothered about reading the rest.
    OK, I worded the title slightly wrong then. I meant "usually seem to".

ReputationRep:
    It depends what pond you're fishing in. The guy that goes for the '*****' probably isn't worth your time anyway and will invariably prefer that kind of girl. Sad but true.

You probably wouldn't want him if you had him.

Wait for the nice guy.

(Original post by James4d)
    Not really. Most posts on here have answered your question.

Guys like confidence
    The girls you class as '*****y' have confidence
    Hence the guys like those girls.

There isn't much to it.

Though let me put it this way... the kind of guys you like.. are they the quiet, nice guys that rarely get noticed, or rarely get attention... or the 'popular' ones the *****y girls go for?

Pot, meet kettle.
    I never really thought about that, but I'd say they're sorta in-between.

ReputationRep:
    OK, I worded the title slightly wrong then. I meant "usually seem to".
    I know, don't worry. I was just showing him that my logic was right.

I still think you're wrong though, do you really know these girls? I don't think you can say someone's a ***** unless you know them (or they've done something properly awful). Most people I know who have boyfriends, or that boys fancy are perfectly nice.

ReputationRep:
    Usually nicer girls don't get noticed because often they aren't loud, don't throw themselves at guys and before you get to know them they may seem as boring.
    That's not the case with the other kind of girls, which immediately draw the attention to themselves, dress boldly, throw themselves at every guy they find attractive. So often they overshadow in a way the 'nicer girls', which don't get noticed in the end. Then, however, when the guy gets dumped by one of these girls on the second week (at most), he starts moaning how 'all girls are sluts, they have no feelings and never respect others' feeling'.
    Anyway, I think this is the case with boys at the age of 15-18.. Older guys start to understand how this all works, know what they are looking for and how to find it.

ReputationRep:
    They're usually prettier.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try making this as simple as possible, from my own point of view. And I'm guessing you mean "bad girls" instead of *****es. i.e. sluts.

Nice girls are the girls we'd like to get in a genuine relationship with. That can be slow.

"Bad" girls are the ones we like to use for a few nights. Fast, and the girl doesn't really give a **** about her dignity in being used openly, so that's a bonus.

In short, we respect nice girls.

ReputationRep:
    I go for nice girls, but at uni i have noticed, that other than lectures it is very hard to speak to nice girls as they are often shy or quiet, others girls are much easier to speak to or hang out with as they do more stuff. Shame really

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't go for *****y girls, we go for hot girls.
    Hot girls know theyre hot and therefore know they are able to get away with more.
    Thus, hot girls are often *****es; because they can be

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.