The Student Room Group

Do you ever worry that you won't meet someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pensivedore

I hate how it's programmed into us that we need someone to "settle down" with, I mean, we're all perfectly happy without finding "the one" but then everyone and everything tries to get it in our heads that we won't be happy until we find someone. It's all bull**** to be honest.

And to answer your question: No. I don't ever worry that I won't meet someone because there is and will never be anyone.

This. I hate this bull**** that you have to settle down. Why? :hmmm:
I sometimes worry about it but I'm young and there's plenty of time, so I'm gonna try not to really worry about it until I need to :yes:
Reply 22
Worry? No.

Think/believe? Sure.
Reply 23
Original post by History-Student
I had her, but fell out of lve with her and we broke up recently :frown:

So I've had my shot and let her go, so yes I am now permanently worried about this because no one will ever match up to her.

Ditto...and I live in York too
Reply 24
Sometimes I worry about it yeah. On the other hand, I don't have time for a relatinoship and right now I don't want one so it doesn't bother me so much.
I do want to meet someone and get married one day though, I can only imagine people who think being in a relationship isn't worth it have either a) never been in love or b) are currently recovering from a bad experience in love.
Reply 25
OP- thanks for posting this! it pretty much summed up loads of things i'm worried about. :wink:
Original post by Crazy Paving
Every guy who tries starting something with you best watch his back over the next 20 years. :colone:

:rofl:

How romantic :daydreaming:
Reply 27
I guess i do worry about it at times.
No one in my family has had a long lasting relationship/marriage apart from my grandparents.
I've also never had a 'proper' boyfriend.
But i'm still young (18) and i try to focus on other things in life that are important and make me happy.

Don't worry about the future, focus on the present and someone would come along :h:
My worry is more not meeting someone due to my personality. I'm really not the person for intimacy or relationships, but I'm not keen on dying alone in a dark room; however, this seems a likely end to a miserable life. Hey-ho.
Reply 29
Nah I'm too good looking to end up alone brah
I've been worrying about that too much, but I am determined to make it my New Year's Resolution to stop that worrying! Some very good advice has been written in this thread that I think we should all take heed of :yep:
Reply 31
I'm worried I will meet someone. People scare me :cry2:
Reply 32
Yep. But I'll wait till I'm at least 30 before properly worrying!
Reply 33
I do. Never had a boyfriend, not really even been close. It would just be nice for once for someone to actually like me. I suppose the thing is to just wait for it to happen, but the longer it doesn't happen for, the bigger a deal it becomes in my head. When I was 15 and never had a boyfriend, I told myself it didn't matter, I was still young. Now I'm 19, and it's a lot more unusual and just admitting to people I've never had a boyfriend makes me feel like s***.
Reply 34
No, cos I either will or I won't, and worrying wouldnt change that in the slightest so I just dont really give a ****.
Reply 35
no because a girl will pop up wont she :confused:
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous

does anyone else have similar worries?

I used to worry about this a lot.

Then I stopped and decided to pursue what I enjoyed instead, work, travels, fast cars and investments. Girls/women were on the last thing on my mind.... all through that time I never really thought about finding a gf.... until I went back to university......

I did look briefly but gave up on looking and someone discovered me..... LOL been together ever since.

Best advice is to move on with life first, things will fall into place.
It's my number one worry. I find it hard enough to meet women at all, let alone ones that could be interested in me.
I hate how it's programmed into us that we need someone to "settle down" with, I mean, we're all perfectly happy without finding "the one" but then everyone and everything tries to get it in our heads that we won't be happy until we find someone. It's all bull**** to be honest.

And to answer your question: No. I don't ever worry that I won't meet someone because there is and will never be anyone.

That's your opinion. Personally I love being in a relationship, having that commitment to someone is a wonderful feeling. So screw you, I'm going to keep looking for the one, whether societyy programmes me that way is irrelevant tbh :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending