Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i was in river island on boxing day and it was CRAZY the staff literally looked as though they were going to die the amount of times they were picking up and folding the same clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    That's who i'm working for atm...
    Which one?

ReputationRep:
    Im the kind of shopper you people need, I like something within 5 minutes and just pay straight away :cool: whether it's clothes or video games I'm quick hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    That's who i'm working for atm...
    I actually thought that when you said you were working from 3 - 7, RI and their hours! They cut me down to a 6 - 9 shift last January.. It took me more time to get to and from work than the actual numbers of hours I worked!

Did you work boxing day? I had the easiest job ever last year haha

What branch are you at btw? Seeing as your from London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStarr1)
    I actually thought that when you said you were working from 3 - 7, RI and their hours! They cut me down to a 6 - 9 shift last January.. It took me more time to get to and from work than the actual numbers of hours I worked!

Did you work boxing day? I had the easiest job ever last year haha

What branch are you at btw? Seeing as your from London
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Which one?
    Just got back from work.

My hours were pretty bad when I started I had 11-8 and 9-6, on my first days.

Now this week it's totally shortened but now I'm working every day. My last week uness they keep me on.

Anyways I'm at the Hammersmith branch! Was supposed to be Oxford Street / Oxford circus / Marble arch - but they transferred me there at the last minute.

It's not too bad, if it's not busy then time can drago slowly, but if I was based in west end I think I'd probably die.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd quit after first day if I was in west end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    What's the point in selling them back to the suppliers, when you're only going to buy them back again for next Christmas?

Not being funny, just curious:confused:
    We don't 'buy them back again' next Christmas though, we buy different designs and ranges every year. Brands that sell particularly well, for example our Me to You bear cards (some will know this as Tatty Teddy) get updated every year, so we'll sell this year's designs and shops like Tesco will sell last year's designs. Then next year, we'll buy the newest range and Tesco will sell what we had this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.