Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Why do they have to scan in???? I never knew this before and I never use black ink in exams
    Because the examiners are lazy :p:...Joking, scanning is a more accurate way of marking but they are also marked again by examiners for any faults found and this process can be repeated several times.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyy everyone
    So how's your preparation going ??????
    S2 exams in 6 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Heyyyy everyone
    So how's your preparation going ??????
    S2 exams in 6 days
    Very good so far...yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Very good so far...yours?
    Mine's good not very good

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how far everyone is going back in terms of past papers i've done 2006-2010 but not sure if i should do the ones from 2005 and before. What is everyone else doing? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atofu)
    Just wondering how far everyone is going back in terms of past papers i've done 2006-2010 but not sure if i should do the ones from 2005 and before. What is everyone else doing? xD
    I'd recommend doing all of them from 2001-2010. I did notice that some of the earlier ones do have some slightly more tricky questions than the newer ones.

ReputationRep:
    This is going back to an earlier q about the probability of incorrectly rejecting H0..I think it means this...
    When you reject H0 you are doing it because new evidence suggests it to be wrong. However, there is a probability (5% so whatever this equates to) that H0 is still right.
    I think that's why in more important tests, ie medical, the critical region is a lot smaller and therefore there is a much smaller chance of incorrectly rejecting what I'd actually a true hypothesis
    Hope this makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flolily)
    This is going back to an earlier q about the probability of incorrectly rejecting H0..I think it means this...
    When you reject H0 you are doing it because new evidence suggests it to be wrong. However, there is a probability (5% so whatever this equates to) that H0 is still right.
    I think that's why in more important tests, ie medical, the critical region is a lot smaller and therefore there is a much smaller chance of incorrectly rejecting what I'd actually a true hypothesis
    Hope this makes sense
    yes exactly my thinking too

ReputationRep:
    done all from 2001-2010 and solomon...but really worried cuz need an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geniusmiss)
    done all from 2001-2010 and solomon...but really worried cuz need an A*
    If you can handle those from 01-10 and solomon's very well, then there shouldn't be any problem. How did you find the solomon's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    If you can handle those from 01-10 and solomon's very well, then there shouldn't be any problem. How did you find the solomon's?
    the solomon papers were very easy - very unusual for a solomon set of papers

ReputationRep:
    just need to remember all the bloody definitions :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeristhebest)
    ah yes - I was worried about the same thing. However, once I did all the past papers I managed to learn all the definitions through getting them completely wrong on the first two papers lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Same for me, once I get these I should get close to full marks (as long as I don't make silly mistakes )

ReputationRep:
    thats where i'm missing my marks now :mad:
    learning the definitions shouldn't be part of a MATHS module

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiddle-doo)
    thats where i'm missing my marks now :mad:
    learning the definitions shouldn't be part of a MATHS module
    If you're aiming for >90%, make sure you do learn the definitions. I lost 2 raw marks in my S2 exam and managed to drop 5-6 UMS marks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    If you're aiming for >90%, make sure you do learn the definitions. I lost 2 raw marks in my S2 exam and managed to drop 5-6 UMS marks.
    Thanks for letting me know this, I will destroy this paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Thanks for letting me know this, I will destroy this paper
    Me too. (Hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    thanks for the advice!
    now i REALLY know what to focus on! :cool:
    cheers! x

ReputationRep:
    The variable T Distributed by N(8, 4), why does P(T = 5) = 0?
    Isn't it meant to be P(4.5 < T < 5.5)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.