The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cazzy-joe
Why do they have to scan in???? I never knew this before and I never use black ink in exams:tongue:

Because the examiners are lazy :p:...Joking, scanning is a more accurate way of marking but they are also marked again by examiners for any faults found and this process can be repeated several times.
(edited 13 years ago)
Heyyyy everyone :biggrin:
So how's your preparation going ??????
S2 exams in 6 days:biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by cazzy-joe
Heyyyy everyone :biggrin:
So how's your preparation going ??????
S2 exams in 6 days:biggrin:

Very good so far...yours?
Original post by jit987
Very good so far...yours?

Mine's good not very good:tongue:
Reply 24
Just wondering how far everyone is going back in terms of past papers :redface: i've done 2006-2010 but not sure if i should do the ones from 2005 and before. What is everyone else doing? xD
Reply 25
Original post by atofu
Just wondering how far everyone is going back in terms of past papers :redface: i've done 2006-2010 but not sure if i should do the ones from 2005 and before. What is everyone else doing? xD

I'd recommend doing all of them from 2001-2010. I did notice that some of the earlier ones do have some slightly more tricky questions than the newer ones.
Reply 26
This is going back to an earlier q about the probability of incorrectly rejecting H0..I think it means this...
When you reject H0 you are doing it because new evidence suggests it to be wrong. However, there is a probability (5% so whatever this equates to) that H0 is still right.
I think that's why in more important tests, ie medical, the critical region is a lot smaller and therefore there is a much smaller chance of incorrectly rejecting what I'd actually a true hypothesis
Hope this makes sense :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by flolily
This is going back to an earlier q about the probability of incorrectly rejecting H0..I think it means this...
When you reject H0 you are doing it because new evidence suggests it to be wrong. However, there is a probability (5% so whatever this equates to) that H0 is still right.
I think that's why in more important tests, ie medical, the critical region is a lot smaller and therefore there is a much smaller chance of incorrectly rejecting what I'd actually a true hypothesis
Hope this makes sense :smile:

yes exactly my thinking too
Reply 28
done all from 2001-2010 and solomon...but really worried cuz need an A*
Reply 29
Original post by Geniusmiss
done all from 2001-2010 and solomon...but really worried cuz need an A*

If you can handle those from 01-10 and solomon's very well, then there shouldn't be any problem. How did you find the solomon's?
Reply 30
Original post by jit987
If you can handle those from 01-10 and solomon's very well, then there shouldn't be any problem. How did you find the solomon's?

the solomon papers were very easy - very unusual for a solomon set of papers
just need to remember all the bloody definitions :|
Reply 32
Original post by beeristhebest

ah yes - I was worried about the same thing. However, once I did all the past papers I managed to learn all the definitions through getting them completely wrong on the first two papers lol
Reply 33

Same for me, once I get these I should get close to full marks (as long as I don't make silly mistakes :colondollar:)

thats where i'm missing my marks now :mad:
learning the definitions shouldn't be part of a MATHS module :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by twiddle-doo
thats where i'm missing my marks now :mad:
learning the definitions shouldn't be part of a MATHS module :frown:

If you're aiming for >90%, make sure you do learn the definitions. I lost 2 raw marks in my S2 exam and managed to drop 5-6 UMS marks.
Reply 36
Original post by Noble.
If you're aiming for >90%, make sure you do learn the definitions. I lost 2 raw marks in my S2 exam and managed to drop 5-6 UMS marks.

Thanks for letting me know this, I will destroy this paper :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by cpdavis
Thanks for letting me know this, I will destroy this paper :biggrin:

Me too. (Hopefully)
Original post by Noble.

thanks for the advice! :smile:
now i REALLY know what to focus on! :cool:
cheers! x
Reply 39
The variable T Distributed by N(8, 4), why does P(T = 5) = 0?
Isn't it meant to be P(4.5 < T < 5.5)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending