Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfieldred07)
    Simple question really. Myself? Not a fan. I can see the attraction but it just doesn't stimulate me. Its very rare i come across somebody who doesn't like the films or books (or both) so i thought i would see the response on here.
    I can not ****ing stand the moodblood *****
    I swear to god, imma shove his wand up his arse oneday!

But no really, i hate it

ReputationRep:
    HP is poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Hate it, hate 'fantasy' crap that'll never happen in real life and hate their annoying accents in the films.
    So I take it you don't watch any TV, any films or read any books? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of it, I tried watching the films but never got into them. Never read the books either but I have no interest in doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    So I take it you don't watch any TV, any films or read any books? :rolleyes:
    Because all TV/films/books are fantasy-based...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Because all TV/films/books are fantasy-based...
    Got me there

But still, a lot of it is fantasy based.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Blasphemers!

Actually, one of my best friends hasn't read the book nor sees the appeal. Unfortunately for her, the rest of us are crazy and she has been taken to every single film by us as a party

I'm sick of christmas and this waiting around
    it's like I'm sitting in the lost and found
    don't take no sorcery
    for anyone to see how...

I gotta get back to hogwarts
    I gotta get back to school
    I gotta get back to hogwarts
    where everybody thinks I'm cool

back to wizards and witches, and magical beasts
    to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts
    it's all that I love, and it's all that I need at
    HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter?

Naaah.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually watched a single HP film from start to end. I end up sleeping half way through

ReputationRep:
    Books aren't bad. Very good for pre-teens though.

Films make me want to vomit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    Dobby is an elf
    Dobby the Dwarf! :rofl:

that made me laugh way harder than it should have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    Books aren't bad. Very good for pre-teens though.

Films make me want to vomit.
    There is a lot of ignorance about Harry Potter, and people just brushing it off as "kids stuff". Which is sad. It's not. The Harry Potter generation are people in their late teens- 20's. The first two books were more for children, but then the books grew darker and darker. As the characters grew up, and the reader matured with them. Deathly Hallows etc is certainly is not for pre-teens. Everyone can read them, but they are more suitable for teenagers and older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wulf chan)
    Harry Potter is the best thing ever. It's like our weapon to combat twilight.
    I think you'll find that the antidote to Twilight is primary-school literacy in combination with an IQ surpassing one's chronological age.

Besides, His Dark Materials is much better.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any interest in Harry Potter whatsoever. It is not because I don't like the mystical/fantastical elements or the fact that they are written for children but rather I just don't find them very good. If I want something fitting those criteria - I would rather read Roald Dahl.

ReputationRep:
    me! never seen the movies and never read the books

ReputationRep:
    Books <3 <3 <3

Films.... not so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    I don't have any interest in Harry Potter whatsoever. It is not because I don't like the mystical/fantastical elements or the fact that they are written for children but rather I just don't find them very good. If I want something fitting those criteria - I would rather read Roald Dahl.

I disagree. Originally written for children.. but they kind of mature as they go along. Would like to see a child understand any of them past Goblet of Fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenzo117)
    I disagree. Originally written for children.. but they kind of mature as they go along. Would like to see a child understand any of them past Goblet of Fire.
    Fair Dinkum. I haven't actually read it - I couldn't get past the first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    Fair Dinkum. I haven't actually read it - I couldn't get past the first one.
    They get dark in the end and rather deep... less of the magical kiddy stuff than in the first one....

always gonna defend them though... love being part of the Harry Potter generation

gonna stop being sad now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboilermantr15)
    My name is TSR. You killed my account. Prepare to be banned!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.