Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whsmith interview [very small store] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nintendolad)
    That's odd, I never got a maths test either. They do that in interviews?
    it was a mental maths thing, though the manager that made me do it has left now. it wasn't hard but just made me feel under a lot of pressure >.<

ReputationRep:
    They're not a bad place to work for, I worked there for 3 years and the only thing that really bugged me was the till point conversations as you had to get a certain percentage. My interview was basic as well, I never knew they did group interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Do you just have to answer the maths questions off the top of your head or is it like a written test ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have my WHsmith interview tomorrow! I kinda got told today if I am available for interview tomorrow. This is pretty much my first interview. I really hope i get it, i'm really nervous for it. My interview is at an airport, so i was wondering if anyone new, is it more likely to do a one-to-one interview or a group one? and what about the maths test? what is it like? how long do you have for it? what are the questions like? I also heard that they give you a task which is to find a book for them in WHsmith? is this true? Also how long do you think the interview will last for?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been busy so haven't read the thread so not sure if there is already an answer so I'm going to post this anyway. I applied online and got a call today but unfortunately didn't get it in time so got a voicemail and it was a woman saying if i'm interested in employment as there are a few shifts available on a saturday morning/afternoon or sunday and asked if I would ring back and arrange a short 20 minute interview. Just wondering if anyone else had this 20 minute interview and if so what sort of things they ask etc. I really need a job and now I have an interview I want to be prepared so can anyone offer any help/tips please??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.