Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do ugly/fat girls get more male attention in clubs than pretty girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's down to how the guy views his chances of getting some.

The majority of good looking girls think they are gods gift to men (stereotypically), and therefore turn down guys who aren't 6 foot tall with muscles bulging out of their shirts and look like a Calvin Klein model.

Not speaking from personal experience.

Bigger girls don't appeal to me, I tend to avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    My cousin is a prime example of this. Mind you, she's made quite a name for herself in Sheffield, well, anywhere she goes, and is renowned for being easy. I disown her.
    She sounds like the kind of girl I want to bang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    She sounds like the kind of girl I want to bang.
    Back of the queue, then

ReputationRep:
    yh but what if a guy suddenly got courageousd and approached a pretty girl she would think it as an insult that she's fat and ugly and turn you down.i'd laugh if that happened lol

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    You know, a lot of it is due to attitude. Guys are much more likely to approach girls who don't look stuck up, and are having a laugh. I remember i went ou twice-on a Friday and a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago. On the Friday night i wasn't really feeling going out and was generally moody. No guys came up to me. On the Saturday i was in a good mood, was having a good time etc and i got lots of male attention. I've looked back at the photos and i think i looked better on the Friday lol, but (probably because of my attitude) guys might have thought i was unapproachable. Maybe that's the case with your friends as well. I have noticed that a lot of the time, girls who are slightly overweight and maybe not the best looking, seem to be less concerned if people are looking at them, and just generally have a good time, whereas girls that are overly attractive sometimes seem to have this superiority complex where they seem to think that they should get all of the attention-which can put guys off tbh. (obviously that's not the case for all attractive girls and might not be the case with your friends.)

ReputationRep:
    Scared of rejection and in most men eyes the ugly the chick is the chance for rejection is smaller.

ReputationRep:
    Classic pulling game plan.

Set up reserve fatties/munters as a last resort at the start of the night.

Leave them after a an hour or so then move on to average/hot gash to try and pull.

Pull a hot girl - go home with her

If not - find the fattie at the end of the night.

ReputationRep:
    Supply and Demand.
    Lots of fattie supply, very little demand.
    Equilibrium price is abysmal.
    That's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So you've never heard of a fat, ugly girl who sleeps around? Obviously guys would have to go near them in order for this to happen.
    Only on Jeremy Kyle.

ReputationRep:
    regardless of what your friends look like or who they get with on a night out ... you need to stop being a judgemental ***** on their appearance grow the **** up u sound like a ****..... your prob jealous cause you got rejected by a lad who was into on of your friends instead of you

(Original post by lechaton-x)
    Only on Jeremy Kyle.
    So every fat/ugly girl you know is a virgin then? Because the majority of promiscuous girls I've come across are unattractive. (I'm not saying that all ugly people sleep around by the way).

ReputationRep:
    O dear the "females" are starting to figure us out . . .

Its called the "Jealousy Plotline" well i think is is what your talking about .

Basically if theres a group of say 4 girls from experience there is ALWAYS at least 1 fat/ugly girl. FACT.

Us men hunt in twos to as not to intermidate the girls. I would talk to the ugly one and my mate would talk to the 2nd most ugly one. He chat and chat leaving the other two girls just stnding there wondering why the **** are they talking to them.

All the time were talking to the ugly girls we keep looking over to the hotter ones if we make eye contact a few times them blam and maybe a cheeky smile then were in. . . We leave the ugly ones and later on in the night we come back to the hotter, sweet talk em a bit " all the time i was talking to my mate i just couldnt stop looking at you" lool just chat **** to them they fall for it about 70% of the time and wat ever happens happens.

Nobody say to me this does not work trust me the amount of times this has worked is a joke some girls are so stupid honestly and they just LOVEEEE male attention even if yr ugly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbyjimmy)
    O dear the "females" are starting to figure us out . . .

Its called the "Jealousy Plotline" well i think is is what your talking about .

Basically if theres a group of say 4 girls from experience there is ALWAYS at least 1 fat/ugly girl. FACT.

Us men hunt in twos to as not to intermidate the girls. I would talk to the ugly one and my mate would talk to the 2nd most ugly one. He chat and chat leaving the other two girls just stnding there wondering why the **** are they talking to them.

All the time were talking to the ugly girls we keep looking over to the hotter ones if we make eye contact a few times them blam and maybe a cheeky smile then were in. . . We leave the ugly ones and later on in the night we come back to the hotter, sweet talk em a bit " all the time i was talking to my mate i just couldnt stop looking at you" lool just chat **** to them they fall for it about 70% of the time and wat ever happens happens.

Nobody say to me this does not work trust me the amount of times this has worked is a joke some girls are so stupid honestly and they just LOVEEEE male attention even if yr ugly lol
    tbh you tried it in a club where a lot of people go to pull or get some attention from the opposite sex. try that at the opera house and.......... it'd probably still work, bugger

anyway i don't know the answer to this thread and i don't have any suggestions, partly because i don't care and partly because i'm waiting for the dishwasher to stop running because i reaaaallly need a fork to eat my beans on toast with

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?
    Or maybe because they just liked them. You may consider yourself a 'pretty' girl *cringe* model but maybe your personality comes across as a tad *****y or up yourself! Plus what you consider ugly may not be so for another. Get over it or get fat!

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?
    Why do ugly/fat girls get more male attention in clubs than pretty girls?

They don't

Seriously, where are you going out?

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with your question tbh.

I wouldn't go for the unattractive girl over an attractive one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bravery)
    Classic pulling game plan.
    Pretty cringey you have one to be honest mate. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think boys assume that:

girls in a club= up of a bit of sex
    fat/ugly girls= low standards

So I think the apparent popularity of fat/ugly girls in clubs is something to do with the prospect of sex and not much else?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.