Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

* First date, where should I take her? (in London) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Somerset House for ice skating or the rink near the London Eye

Seconding the Gordon's Wine Bar recommendation. I went for my first date with my now boyfriend there and it's lovely

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-...ink/index.html

The indoor cafe overlooks the ice rink

ReputationRep:
    If the ice rink at the Tower of London is still there than go for it, it's really good fun and there's a Wetherspoons nearby so you can go for beer and a burger after.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the girl to be honest but all of my first dates have included;

-gigs followed by bar
    -nandos
    -wagamamas
    -pizza express
    -cinema

ReputationRep:
    *In before someone says Brixton, Hackney, Peckahm etc

You don't have to take her somewhere where you'll have to shell out, it can be a nice, quiet and simple date - walk along part of Southbank/London Eye/Namco station then get something to eat at around Southbank centre or get a bus to Tottenham court road and go to pizza express or a restaurant around there

Or go to Piccadily Circus, action date in Trocadero you can still enjoy the arcade, bowling, whatever at any age so it's cool and you're in the west end so leicester square, covent garden are right by / you're practically in those areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProudScottish)
    Wednesday, 5 January 2011
    Arsenal v Man City, 19:45
    :rofl: I'd actually really like that...esp if he's paying for the tickets. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovewords)
    Take her to a cyber cafe so you can log on to TSR and tell us all how it's going.
    You stud.

or the zoo.
    ZOO! ZOO! Yes take her to the zoo, I love the zoo so logically so will your girlfriend! (don't question that logic btw..). Bring a decent camera!

ReputationRep:
    Well it all depends what she's into. Remember most of the big museums (British museum, Tate, Tate modern, Science and natural history museum) here are free!

(Original post by littlehobbit)
    Just somewhere nice, but not really expensive if its a first date. Just somewhere chilled with no pressure

On the first date, is the guy inclined to pay for things, ie. bowling, then coffee etc?
    Is it a part of society for a guy to pay for his 'date' on the first date.
    Would you feel comfortable with it and would other girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliciaJ703)
    Somerset House for ice skating or the rink near the London Eye
    Good luck trying to book a slot anytime soon!

ReputationRep:
    ORGASMISTAN

Im joking
    Take her nandos
    Then back to hers.
    Lay on her stomach spread those cheeks.
    And then take her to orgasmistan

(Original post by h82think)
    http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-...ink/index.html

The indoor cafe overlooks the ice rink
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    If the ice rink at the Tower of London is still there than go for it, it's really good fun and there's a Wetherspoons nearby so you can go for beer and a burger after.
    (Original post by jenny.chu)
    depends on the girl to be honest but all of my first dates have included;

-gigs followed by bar
    -nandos
    -wagamamas
    -pizza express
    -cinema

On the first date, is the guy inclined to pay for things, ie. bowling, then coffee etc?

(Original post by Anonymous)
      What about nice restaurant? where could I find a good one??
      The official TSR pub is "the rocket" in euston. G'WAAAAAN

ReputationRep:
      I don't date guys but I'm normally inclined to pay on the first date. If not split it 50/50. I think a good plan of action would be to offer to pay, then if the girl offers to pay her way then either accept or say "Nah don't worry, you pay next time"*

*That is, unless the date is going horrifically and you never want to see the ***** again. Then take her half.

ReputationRep:
      What about nice restaurant? where could I find a good one??
      There's a chinese restaurant in Soho (don't laugh) that is completely vegetarian, but is DAMN YUMMY. And not that expensive either. It's on Old Compton Street and it's called Jai.

Alternatively, Beer and a Burger, Wetherspoons. DO IT.

ReputationRep:
      Skating at Somerset house

ReputationRep:
      Take her to Yo Sushi in Poland Street then Shopping in Oxford Street then down to Hyde Park for a moonlit walk. how snazzy.

ReputationRep:
      Buy this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1000-Things-.../dp/1846700124

and go nuts.

ReputationRep:
      OR what about a matanee trip to the theater somewhere? thatd be a nice surprise..

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.