Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

ReputationRep:
    Amy Winehouse and Beyoncé's Albums!

ReputationRep:
    We're counting on you Beyonce, Britney & Lady Gaga to do something good for pop!

I can't wait for Kanye's video releases -- I think he could have a superb year.
    I also want a good R&B male to have a good year, I'm just tapping in to Trey Songz but he doesn't have much movement in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Maybe. 2010 has been a decent year, but not as good as previous years. Hopefully 2011 will improve.

I saw BBC's Sound of 2011, and the only ones who I like so far on it are Jessie J, Daley and Esben and the Witch. Has anyone else seen the list? And if so, what do you think of it?
    I saw the list. There has been good artists coming from those BBC sound lists. From the 2011, I love Jessie J, Daley and Warpaint. I feel as though 2011 may be good for music, not entirely sure though.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard quite a few 2011 albums already which have been quite good. James Blake's has been the best so far. Also heard Isolee, Deerhoof and Akron/Family. Expecting albums from the likes of Toro Y Moi, Radiohead, hopefully Animal Collective and that solo album from me.

Me as in Panda Bear.

ReputationRep:
    for pop music? i doubt it somehow...

for proper music?
    noel gallaghers new stuff
    beady eyes album january

ReputationRep:
    New Akercocke? ;oo

New Virus? ;ooooooooooooooooo

And Ulcerate. And Absu. And loads of other good **** for those willing to look beyond the charts, which will obviously suck monkey balls.

ReputationRep:
    By proper music you mean...? You may not like pop music but doesn't mean it won't have a good year, I'm so excited about 2011 but I was about 2010 and it wasn't as good as i hoped, some good albums though, Beach house teen dream was a delight

ReputationRep:
    2008 - fab
    2009 - good
    2010 - decent
    2011 - better be ****ing good because I'm 18!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)
    *******s. That's a statement lazy people throw around because they're too lazy to search for the good music.
    Quite. In terms of music, anyone who relies on the mainstream media to spoon-feed them new material is frankly beneath contempt.

ReputationRep:
    The new Lamb of God album should be coming out late 2011 (or early 2012) :coma::drool::sexface:

Lmao, negged for having an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    I've heard quite a few 2011 albums already which have been quite good. James Blake's has been the best so far. Also heard Isolee, Deerhoof and Akron/Family. Expecting albums from the likes of Toro Y Moi, Radiohead, hopefully Animal Collective and that solo album from me.

Me as in Panda Bear.
    New Animal Collective and Panda Bear releases are definitely going to make 2011 for me. Even if AC don't release a new album, they'll be touring with new material which is still pretty damn good!

I think Gaga's also set for a new album, I'm not that big of a fan anymore but she always has some great tunes on offer - The Fame Monster was great so I bet this will be even better.

New Adele album and probabl a new Fleet Foxes record to look forward to

It should be alright!

ReputationRep:
    New Blink songs being released so.. yeh its gonna be a good one

ReputationRep:
    Capital fm said it will be, so it should be.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully though it will take some doing to beat this song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Quite. In terms of music, anyone who relies on the mainstream media to spoon-feed them new material is frankly beneath contempt.
    "please rate other members before rating this member again" how dare you be so awesome

ReputationRep:
    Nobodys mentioned DETOX!
    Oh, and Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, The Boxer Rebellion, maybe OneRepublic, maybe Razorlight, a bit of Jay-Z, Kasabian towards the end, Snow Patrol, I have a feeling Eminem or D12 may release something, YAY!
    I'm being positive, 2010 was pretty awful apart from Eminem's Recovery.

ReputationRep:
    2010 has been pretty good and with new albums from Elbow, Radiohead, White Lies, British Sea Power, Coldplay, Kasabian etc. 2011 should be as good, I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it's downhill from here.

ReputationRep:
    New Adele album - from what I heard on Jools Holland a while back it'll be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Paloma Faith keeps making music, we should be fine as a species.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.