The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Miss Anonymous
Harry Potter's the chosen one! :wink:

Please, take it seriously. Are you an Oxford student?
A verbal agreement would be the interviewer literally saying 'I WILL offer you a place'. Which he didn't, therefore there is no agreement. You got rejected so man up and deal with it 'cause it happens to all of us. I'm honestly not surprised you were rejected - I can guess how far up your arse your head is just from one post, so doubtless the interviewer could see that too.

(I call troll as well, before anyone thinks I'm an idiot...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Martin_PPE
The interview went swimmingly...a romper suit...Reeling with shock
You like fishing yah? :pierre:
Reply 23
Original post by oxford_destiny
The exact same situation for me. It appears that the rumours that Oxford is seeking to take less intelligent undergraduates to appear less "elitist" is true. Ever since I was 8 years old i knew i was destined for a position high in the world and I only applied to Oxford as a backup (For Harvard and Dartmouth, proper universities), so to see a rejection was laughable. With my A*A*A*A predicted grades they must have either declined me accidentally or, as mentioned earlier, seen me as too intelligent for the new breed of .... average students.

looooool 'oxford_destiny'...not anymore!
Reply 24
funny how there's only one other user on this thread who seems to really empathise with the OP, and they're new too... coincedince...?

Please, take it seriously. Are you an Oxford student?

no, I'm not
i.e. I can't give any advice to the thread starter

sorry OP, hope everything goes well
i think martin_ppe

and oxford_destiny are the same people....

i.e. a really bad troll

and everyone knows that a firm handshake/smiling could also be the interviewer going, "Oh **** me. What a dickhead, thank god he's leaving." OR similarly, a paedophile :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by 26daystoworkwith
A verbal agreement would be the interviewer literally saying 'I WILL offer you a place'. Which he didn't, therefore there is no agreement. You got rejected so man up and deal with it 'cause it happens to all of us. I'm honestly not surprised you were rejected - I can guess how far up your arse your head is just from one post, so doubtless the interviewer could see that too.

(I call troll as well, before anyone thinks I'm an idiot...)

Listen. The interviewer and me got on superbly, so whether or not I have a head up my arse or whatever you're saying is irrelevant. The interviewer said he will be contacting me and almost bowed his head at me ( a nod of acceptance ). Hopefully I'll hear back from my head of sixth form soon regarding the misleading conduct allegations anyway. I'll update this when I find out what has happened.
Reply 28
I have also applied to Harvard. Hopefully i'll see you there. It is nonsense. Denying Britain's best and brightest for political correctness reasons. It's political correctness gone mad, Orwell was right. Churchill would be turning in his grave.

I'm sorry, but who proclaimed you as Britain's best?
Original post by draikzer
Because David Cameron e-mailed the university and mentioned your name as someone they shouldn't allow in...

Hehe.

Face it, you're too dumb for Oxford.

To the contrary, I am the top student in one of the top grammar schools in the country (Head boy and all the trimmings), I am, by all measurements, the perfect candidate, and yet they declined. Also, please do not question my intelligence, I have too much integrity to get into a petty squabble with an underachieving buffoon of your standard.
This is actually funny. :rofl:
Original post by r_u_t_h

Original post by r_u_t_h
funny how there's only one other user on this thread who seems to really empathise with the OP, and they're new too... coincedince...?

hmm.. but both of them (OP and OxfordDestiny) are online at the same time...?
Original post by r_u_t_h

they both coincidentally got rejected? who knows, maybe they both went to the same interview preparation course... :tongue:
Anyone else get the feeling Oxford_destiny and Martin_PPE are perhaps the same person? Or do you have to be as 'intelligent' as an Oxford reject to figure that out???
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
To the contrary, I am the top student in one of the top grammar schools in the country (Head boy and all the trimmings), I am, by all measurements, the perfect candidate, and yet they declined. Also, please do not question my intelligence, I have too much integrity to get into a petty squabble with an underachieving buffoon of your standard.

Hahaha.

Well, they obviously didn't agree with your... oh so modest self analysis.

And yeah, I'm the buffoon. Because I picked a name on TSR called oxford_destiny and then subsequently got rejected, rendering my name entirely ironic.

Yeah, if you're perfect in this topsy turvy universe - I'd love to be the buffoon.
Reply 35
Original post by AskMeAnything
Anyone else get the feeling Oxford_destiny and Martin_PPE are perhaps the same person? Or do you have to be as 'intelligent' as an Oxford reject to figure that out???

We are too academically inferior to understand.
Reply 36
Ha. Ha. Nuff said.
WTF ??? :lolwut:

nah. innit blud. i iz smartier than you :ahee:
Reply 39

It's bizarre that people should be rejected when they literally are the epiphany of perfect. I am the same, apart from the blemish in my GCSE record and my poor performance in my Economics AS (79%) and they have the gall, the cheek, to reject me. Who could possibly be better? You can't be telling me that Oxford receives 4,500 perfect applications? It's absolutely barmy. Someone should do an expose (maybe the daily mail perhaps?)

Latest

Trending

Trending