Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    I'd love to be accepted into Warwick..
    You'd be surprised, Warwick is notorious for it's postgraduate unemployment rates which are as high as 85% year upon year. Many firms toally boycott Warwick and Durham's graduates on the basis that their skills are inferior to a hardworking middle-of-the-road student.

ReputationRep:
    It's one thing to think yourself better than others, it's quite another to overtly hold it over someone. One is an understandable self-esteem booster, the other is just ****ing rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieHockey93)
    You'd be surprised, Warwick is notorious for it's postgraduate unemployment rates which are as high as 85% year upon year. Many firms toally boycott Warwick and Durham's graduates on the basis that their skills are inferior to a hardworking middle-of-the-road student.
    Aha, mostly it's because their history course with a year in Venice is absolutely perfect for what I want to do :L But meh, I'll worry about post-grad when I get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugbylad_1992)
    Basically I'm fed up with successful Oxford and Cambridge candidates lording it over those of us who failed to get an interview. Just as an example, somebody at my school who managed to secure an interview laughed with scorn and made a joke out of it when I told them I had failed, they clearly thought it was a joking matter when I feel otherwise. It effects the rest of your life after all, I have to make do with Warwick instead :confused:

Anyone else encountered these horrid elitists?
    Make do with Warwick?
    Sorry, whaaaa?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    This guy sounds a lot like that guy earlier who got rejected from Oxford after a successful interview, along with that oxford_destiny.

To feed or not to feed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieHockey93)
    Oh get over it come on, Warwick is pretty good, not anywhere near Oxford im sure you realise but still an adequate backup. Not everyone can make the cut you know, it's a shame There will always be those who look down and deride others, you just have to rise above it. I hope you do well at warwick, hopefully you get a job after it but I hear that employers are not keen on Warwick or Durham graduates these days
    Yes this is true, my tutor informed me of how Warwick is wierdly blacklisted by firms like Glaxosmithkline and vodafone. Though of course an oxbridge graduate would stroll into any job they want sadly, its a tough job market. However, new apllicants may find it easier to beat the "geeks" in their Oxbridge applications becuase they are relying mroe and more on social skills and other qualifications. My friend was accepted, and told in his interview that his membership in a local charity had boosted his application above those with better grades, he didnt even have all A's and was accepted unconditionally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.