Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are private schools corrupting our youth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoroGrecian)
    massive generalisation thread of the week winner methinks!
    It's a real contender.

But this is TSR, and there are still 4 whole days left to beat it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    I just thinks it's unfair for people who can't afford it.
    So by taking their children out of public education, and thereby taking pressure off the public system whilst still contributing taxes (probably quite a lot if they can afford private schools), parents sending their children to private schools are being unfair?

I can't afford to eat steak and avocados every day, is it unfair that others can? Maybe we should ban everything that not everybody can afford?

ReputationRep:
    I have always gone to all girls private schools. I happily admit to being bi but i have met opposition to it at my school so you do just get on with it and pretend to be straight. My mother recently sat there cursing that she had sent me to my school as I tend to look at bigger picture and do as much as possible for myself and others. I am also competitive about things but then surely that is better in an 18 year old trying to better themselves than sit on their arse playing computer games (i realise i am wasting time on here but simultaneously writing dissertation). The idea of earning enough money to give my children the same benefits I have had, yeah I can see how corrupt it all sounds :P

ReputationRep:
    if you a talking about the uk education system then i would just like to point out that 'public school' means private school.

ReputationRep:
    You are aware of what state schools are, right? They are government-funded indoctrination camps where the state mandates all children must attend whereby they are taught a standardised curriculum that represses individuality and talent.

Start looking at government schools for what they are and you appreciate the private sector a bit more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.