Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

£500 NatWest Student account credit card maxed out... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Operane)
    There's a drop-down box, just click 'Student' rather than employed. Select household income as £0-£10,000 (as your loans count as income and are between these brackets). Make sure you use your home address and not your university halls (or equivalent address) as you are more likely to be on the electoral role at your own home.
    Excellent! Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Hmm, how did you get around the 'employers details' section if you're a student?
    Well, two ways. I'm employed whilst studying, on a salary paid on last working day of every month. But easiest is just to select the "Student radio button when it asks for your employment details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audacityofhuge)
    Hi.. I pretty much maxed out my £500 credit card with my NatWest Student Account and am now working full-time at minimum wage, so with rent and everything else I don't get that much ££ to put back onto the card bar the minimum DD payment and the interest. Is it possible to get "shift" that credit card to a different bank to get a better deal in terms of interest and stuff? Credit cards always confuse me for some reason!

Thanks x

edit: These are the details of what I have now: http://www.natwest.com/downloads/per...nt_summary.pdf
    give me 250 GBP and i'll give you 500 back within an hour, pm me if you;'re interested.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, £500 sounds like a rather low credit limit.... Mine's £2000 and my friend's on £5000! I have a part time job and they don't have a part time job! Both final year students so I don't know how that works..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.