The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Today was meant to be a solid day of revision. But I just woke up.

Kill me now.
Reply 21
meh, back from covering some HCA shifts, the joy of nights over christmas, on the bright side, tis good money, and I get days off with family...On the other hand, it has not been so fun with my sleep, totally screwed. The depressing thing is - the pay will probably just about cover the overdraft, leaving me still poor. Rubbish.
Reply 22
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I've updated it for everyone that's posted already. And are you back now!? Why do you have placement?

I've actually done some analytical review work :proud:

I'm not technically back til 10th Jan but arranged for myself some additional placements during the holidays because I wanted more experience in anaesthetics. They've been really good, getting to practice my clinical skills and had some brilliant 1-on-1 teaching as well so giving up 6 days of my holiday has been well worth it :smile:
Original post by Wangers
meh, back from covering some HCA shifts, the joy of nights over christmas, on the bright side, tis good money, and I get days off with family...On the other hand, it has not been so fun with my sleep, totally screwed. The depressing thing is - the pay will probably just about cover the overdraft, leaving me still poor. Rubbish.

Well my sleep pattern is currently fall asleep at 06:00, wake up at 14:00. :O

And at least you're going to graduate with not too much debt right?
I might technically be in the black, but that's only due to vast amounts of loan :frown:
Original post by Hygeia
I'm not technically back til 10th Jan but arranged for myself some additional placements during the holidays because I wanted more experience in anaesthetics. They've been really good, getting to practice my clinical skills and had some brilliant 1-on-1 teaching as well so giving up 6 days of my holiday has been well worth it :smile:

Wow...that's keen! Loved my anaesthetic block though. Maybe I should do with this paeds over easter. Did it not feel terrible giving up your last christmas holiday in a very long time?
I never thought I'd see the day that OP was updated :p:
Reply 26
Original post by Smile88egc
Wow...that's keen! Loved my anaesthetic block though. Maybe I should do with this paeds over easter. Did it not feel terrible giving up your last christmas holiday in a very long time?

Weirdly, it hasn't felt terrible at all. I've just completely loved it! I like having something planned to do other than sitting on TSR all day every day of the holidays or working on my research project :p:
Reply 27
I've just bought a purple stethoscope with my xmas money :smile: Is it slightly sad that I'm excited about this?
Original post by Lantana
I've just bought a purple stethoscope with my xmas money :smile: Is it slightly sad that I'm excited about this?

As a first year - probably not - that stuffs exciting even in first year clinics haha. :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Lantana
Only a little. :wink:
Revision is making me want to die. Quite stressful while looking after poorly girlfriend too.

Ah well, only epidemiology stuff to go, fun times!
Original post by Lantana

You got the same colour as me :awesome: :five:
Original post by Mushi_master
Revision is making me want to die. Quite stressful while looking after poorly girlfriend too.

I wish I could just say X to go. I have pretty much everything bar neuro to go over once more.

By the way, are you intercalating next year? I'm in the process of applying to King's.
Reply 33
Original post by Mushi_master

From my (admittedly fuzzy) recollection, the epidemiology paper was reasonably straightforward. What scenarios do you have for the midsessional?
Reply 34
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
You got the same colour as me :awesome: :five:

:proud: Have a cookie:cookie: I thought you liked blue though...
Original post by Lantana

Mine is red. I wore it for like, three hours in my room when it came. Made me feel like a grown up. :redface:

That's genuinely sad.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lantana
:proud: Have a cookie:cookie: I thought you liked blue though...

I like most colours :smile: Although everyone who has seen it first thinks it's blue :sad: It takes a lot of convincing that in the right light it's purple :p: I love it though :biggrin:
Mine's ceil blue :proud:. Matches ma eyez :ahee:
Reply 38
Mine's black. Matches my soul. :colone:
Mines bent out of shape, just like my... nose.

:ahee:

Latest

Trending

Trending