xoxo means hugs and kisses.

xoxo
    My boyfriend used to text me xoxo
    I never did, till it caught on...I hope he didnt watch gossip girl. :eek:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It means she's Gossip Girl.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl, some will send kisses in texts to all their friends and it's not especially meaningful, just affection. However others won't make use of them unless it's actually a message that they like someone. Since she's never used it before it COULD be a hint of something more but I just doing it the once doesn't mean that much, if she keeps doing it and her texts seem a little more flirty then obviously you have your sign...

ReputationRep:
    don't reply with it! It's not that manly
    She may be trying to say she like you or its the way she has started to wish everyone goodnight because she thinks it's cool.
    Don't over analyse and just actually spend time with her and see where things go

(Original post by ahnaf.c)
      huge and kisses i was told by a girl...
      then i observed carefully...the X looks like a man/woman with hands and legs spread out...the o is the person being hugged. See: XOXOXO
      But i still don't know how it could possibly look like a kiss...
      :dontknow: the pronounciation of the letter x sounds a little like 'kiss'. I've also heard that it's mean to look like the puckered lips of a kiss.

ReputationRep:
      it is a dump question lol
      when i put x, and no matter how many there are, I dont mean anything special. im sick and tired of people who make a big deal out of this

ReputationRep:
      I didn't know guys read too much into things as well. a friend of mine often asks what does he mean when he writes xxx. It means NOTHING if she wants to tell you something she better find a clearer way to do that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ingerland89)
      aw cmon serious answers please
      ask a stupid question.....................

ReputationRep:
      xoxo means hugs and kisses, but's an American thing but some people over here use it a lot too, as in "xoxo Gossip Girl"

it's a very ambiguious thing you could just be friends, or you could be in

ReputationRep:
      she totally wants you! now man up and pound that ****!

ReputationRep:
      LOL 😂

ReputationRep:
      all i know is its refering to her as love you

ReputationRep:
      😂😂😂

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.