Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA ICT Info 3 Exam 26th Jan 2010 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Rev)
    What content did you guys use in the last question, the one about Gordon Brown and his statement?
    I wrote something about over dependence of ICT systems in organisations, can't remember much else though.

ReputationRep:
    It was one horrid paper!!!! the 20marker was confusing.,.. It didnt really make much sense.. digital networks??? I kno digital technology... and networs like WAN & LAN.. but wtf is digital networks???? maybe i didnt study properly... the only questions i knew i did ok on was Q 5 & 6... the rest was jus ....... baaad... All the stuff i knew and had revised really well didnt come up!!!...
    But seriously tht was not a nice paper... how bout everyone else???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackWoot)
    I wrote something about over dependence of ICT systems in organisations, can't remember much else though.
    I wrote bout how nhs depend on their ict system.. like to store all the data... and stuff like tht... I jus guessed it cuz i had no idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aky122)
    How did everyvody do on the 18 and 20 mark questions? :confused:
    I found these questions really hard to answer...

For the 18 mark question I wrote about how legislation limits ICT in what they can do and how this causes them to basicly write the policy around current legislation.

But I was clutching at straws.

For the 20 mark I wrote about the innovation based around digital networks e.g the internet and social networking and media downloads + how it has effected business.

I guessed the answers pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah everything I can do was completely avoided, I think I did the entity relationships the wrong way round and the 20marker was nasty, I wrote about our dependence, how work and schools use it and smart phones.and I answered everything but I don't know if I answered the questions correctly or to the right extent. I'm supposed to get one of the best marks in the class, I found it hard and the others thought it was ok or easy!

ReputationRep:
    The first couple of questions were easy I thought but then it came to the 18 and 20 mark question.

OMG I felt like crying!!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about how digital storage of information was forcing dependence on ICT, although that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I used an example of going on a camping holiday from Cornwall to the Scottish mountains, falling and snapping a leg, hospital staff being able to know easily if you were allergic to medications and such.

ReputationRep:
    I think my answers to the 20 mark and 18 mark were pretty bad :'( hello resit haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyElectra)
    I wrote bout how nhs depend on their ict system.. like to store all the data... and stuff like tht... I jus guessed it cuz i had no idea...
    Yeah I mentioned the NHS too.

ReputationRep:
    Can I book my resit now please?

Like others, the last 2 were the killers. Pre-release was quite easy though and don't think I struggled on any.

We'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Rev)
    What content did you guys use in the last question, the one about Gordon Brown and his statement?
    I talked hot it may effect the societ economy etc, and how future advances in technology like nanotechnology may help us and the effect e commerce has on us

I found the legislation realli dificult though

ReputationRep:
    I hated the 18 marker.. wrote like a page on some garbled thing about legislation i pretty much made up! What was it even asking?! Actually didn't mind the 20 marker although used most of my knowledge from INFO 2 (which I resat last week) to answer it! haha.. But yeah that 18 marker was just vile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l0livia)
    I hated the 18 marker.. wrote like a page on some garbled thing about legislation i pretty much made up! What was it even asking?! Actually didn't mind the 20 marker although used most of my knowledge from INFO 2 (which I resat last week) to answer it! haha.. But yeah that 18 marker was just vile!
    At least you wrote a page. I just stopped on the first line! lol. Hopefully my info 4 coursework will be good enough!

ReputationRep:
    i hate ICT

ReputationRep:
    That exam was a biatch, especially the 18 mark question, I babbled on for a page about something I don't know, the 20 mark was ok question I thought, just talk about how we're dependant on ICT and what not, and how hospitals use it and how finance and economy use it to monitor stock markets and stuff. Also on the bright side, if everyones done bad, atleast the grade boundaries go down. lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the questions on ICT INFO 3 Jan 2011?? which topic?

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone do?
    I got a B one mark from an A grrrrr
    but im really happy i was sure I had done badly

ReputationRep:
    I got a B!!!! even thought I wrote 2 lines for the last 20 mark question. Really thought I was gonna get a D or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    I got a B!!!! even thought I wrote 2 lines for the last 20 mark question. Really thought I was gonna get a D or something
    Lol same here B! No idea how though, I didn't revise, had a **** teacher and didn't read the pre-release. I genuinely thought I would get a D best case scenario.

My class got 10 Us overall though which is pretty disgraceful...

ReputationRep:
    I got a D!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.