Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dating a guy in his 40s - found out he's pretending to be a 20 y/o online??!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    he has a six pack and is very tanned and toned. Brad Pitt is in his 40s.[/QUOTE]

That is a joke.

He is toned my ass.

ReputationRep:
    Marry him for the lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i think it is paedo or else delusional, but where would i report it? i dont want a naive 15 y/o being taken in the way i was with some cool musician with hot shirtless pics airbrushing out the wrinklies

he has a six pack and is very tanned and toned. Brad Pitt is in his 40s.
    Do you know what a paedophile is?

ReputationRep:
    Are you insane? The man just admitted he's a 40+ y/o who wants to hook up with girl 20 years younger than him. Who cares if he's hot? Call the police!

Plus, he lives with his parents! You don't want no scrubs

ReputationRep:
    So you've never met him yet you want to marry him?

ReputationRep:
    You're so stupid.
    I can't handle it.

ReputationRep:
    I am very perplexed as to why people are saying to call the police when he says he wants 18+.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhhw/e)
    Are you insane? The man just admitted he's a 40+ y/o who wants to hook up with girl 20 years younger than him. Who cares if he's hot? Call the police!
    If you do that you'll be the one getting in trouble with the police for wasting their time. Lying about your age is not illegal. It is not illegal for a 40 year old to have sex with a 20 year old. He is not a paedophile for wanting to have sex with adult women.

ReputationRep:
    You are really stupid...

Firstly for 'dating' someone who you've never even met, that's bad enough and you still want to be with this guy, after he's lied to you. What makes you think he's not lying about other things?

ReputationRep:
    ......uuuurkkkk...............:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    If you do that you'll be the one getting in trouble with the police for wasting their time. Lying about your age is not illegal. It is not illegal for a 40 year old to have sex with a 20 year old. He is not a paedophile for wanting to have sex with adult women.
    Well the "call the police" was an exaggeration, but seriously, she shouldn't even have to ask such questions

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay well clear. It's not normal. It's just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Call the police!
    lol.
    And say what? Someone is lying on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    The answer is in the bible son.

ReputationRep:
    dump

ReputationRep:
    Well the "call the police" was an exaggeration, but seriously, she shouldn't even have to ask such questions
    ^ -_-

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    lol.
    And say what? Someone is lying on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    How stupid are you, really?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter what is 'normal' or not?
    Personally, I don't think so, I don't understand why people prescribe what is normal onto people they perceive as abnormal. It's very strange, there has to be more to it than simple not fitting in with social norms.

Next is he dating any girls who have not come through puberty?
    If not, he's not a paedophile.
    Edit:Well he's not showing clear signs of being one. If he's attracted to him he is but that's not wrong in itself. On the other hand if it goes beyond attraction, if he molests anyone, well there is a problem there./Edit:

Then ask yourself is it wrong for an 18 year old to date a 42 year old.
    Personally I can't say that I think it's wrong, but it's not something that I would admire. It would probably put me off that person from a dating perspective, but that doesn't in itself mean they ought not to do that.

Another set of questions are:
    Do you think he'd continue lying to you?
    Do you think he can handle a long term commitment?
    Do you think he can handle having children?
    Do you think he can handle a monogamous relationship?
    Do you think his music 'career' is going anywhere?
    Do you think you'll be happy with him?
    Do you think he'll be happy with you?
    Do you think you both want the same, similar, or at least compatible things from life?
    Do you want to be with him because of who he is, or because of who you want him to be?
    Because of who he is or because you want to be with someone in general?

You don't have to answer us, but yourself. It has to be honest, and you have to assess any little doubts you have.
    You might want to ask other questions as well.

P.S. based on what you've said he sounds really manipulative, I'm not saying he is, but from the way you're articulating things. Which is a bad sign in itself.

ReputationRep:
    You're not even dating him now as we speak, so how is it any of your business?

Your stupidity, shinytoy, never fails to baffle me.

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself - what would Kanye West do?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.