Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all girls, best mascara/recommendations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been very disappointed with these:
    Maybelline "Colossal Volum express" and "Maxfactor False Lash Effect"

I found the Maybelline one to be too runny, and seperate my lashes so they look all weird and doesn't give volume at all. The MaxFactor one just has a way too tiny brush, (the hairs are sooo short!) and I don't feel like I get an effect from it at all.

However, I've been using the Dior Diorshow Mascara for years, and I'm so pleased with it. I usually get it in tax-frees at airports, but if I run out before travelling, I go to proper make-up shops. I LOVE the brush, it is nice and big, and it gives me more of a volumous effect at the roots, instead of just long, black lashes, if you get me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    Diorshow by Dior (obviously).

Favouritest mascara evaaar :suith:
    Agreed! (Sorry, I can't thumb you up today)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I like this one:

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Extreme-...ra-7ml_641439/

ReputationRep:
    L'oreal Telescopic! i loves ittt

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else tried RapidLash (a serum you put on your eyelashes every night, and they lengthen). It's expensive, but AMAZING. My eyelashes are so naturally long now, and look awesome with mascara. If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    ahha sure is and hmm same here, i mightt try the falsies! have you tried the bobbi brown or revlon ones?
    I've tried the Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara...
    such a let down! I wouldn't stuggest you to try it.

It also depends on what you're looking for in the mascara though... volume/length?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    Heard that Bobbi Brown and Revlon double twist are good?
    What do youu think?
    I have tried the Revlon Double twist and I personally found it to be really clumpy, I don't like the wand.
    I really like the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara and the Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara but I'm still on the look out for something better. Might try the Diorsnow everyone is raving about on here
    I'd recommend looking at the reviews on http://www.makeupalley.com/product/

ReputationRep:
    Not too impressed by colossal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheepsy)
    Has anyone else tried RapidLash (a serum you put on your eyelashes every night, and they lengthen). It's expensive, but AMAZING. My eyelashes are so naturally long now, and look awesome with mascara. If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend it.
    I've never heard of that. Sounds great! It really does work? (at least on some people)

ReputationRep:
    maybelline falsies mascara or colossal lashes mascara
    l'oreal million lashes mascara

these are 3 of the best i've tried

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline falsies. The only mascara I found that was better than colossal, although I don't think it comes in waterproof like colossal does, which is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eri246)
    I'd recommend Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
    this! its really good...actually most of the maybelline mascaras are good...its better if u put it on and let it dry n then put it on again that has a really good effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I've never heard of that. Sounds great! It really does work? (at least on some people)
    PROS: My eyelashes literally touch my eyebrows now. I get stopped and asked what mascara I'm wearing on a regular basis. (To my shame, I haven't actually told my friends about it, as I want the best eyelashes. <- Terrible person right there. :ninja: )

CONS: It's £40 a tube, and a tube is only meant to last a month (though mine tends to last me two). It takes a good four weeks before you can see any change as well.

But basically, I'm in love

ReputationRep:
    covergirl lash blast. get it when on holiday in america, its amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel sexy curves mascara is brill

separates and curls each lash

ReputationRep:
    I swear by Avon mascara and have Super Magnify myself.
    Although my mum has Maybelline Lash Stiletto, and that's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara & Max Factor Masterpiece Max

ReputationRep:
    I love the Maybelline Colossal Lashes mascara. I used to think all mascaras were the same and anything claiming to be better than your average-joe mascara was a con until I found this one. I don't know how it works but it makes my lashes look lovely .

ReputationRep:
    I've Clinique, No 7, Estee Lauder, L'oreal and Barry M. I consider Barry M to be the best.

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Lash Accelerator is a fab new one I've discovered recently! But my all time favs are Max Factor False Lash Effect, Bad Gal Lash by Benefit and Collections 2000 big fake lash (or something like it.) The collections 2000 one is so cheap and brilliant, pretty much a cheaper version of false lash effect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.