The Student Room Group

"I go to parties sober and have tons of fun"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
all you people care about is alcohol
Reply 21
I've been the sober one once in a nightclub. I stopped drinking at around midnight and two hours later I was bored out of my mind.
Another hour later and people were *finally* making a move to go home.
Original post by im so academic
What has become of society if you actually need to become drunk to have fun. :facepalm2:

A bit of alcohol - fair enough, but to get absolutely wasted? Well, if you get liver disease, that's your fault. (Not implying everyone who regularly gets drunk will get liver disease).

Damn straight.
I go to parties sober too! but leaving partie is a totally different story!
Reply 24
I find parties are a lot more boring (speaking from both ways) and sober clubbing is just torture.
Dunno if anyone else finds this but I always feel really uncomfortable being drunk around sober people, just makes me feel like I'm being looked down on..
Reply 25
Original post by lovely_me
I agree. I've had the misfortune of being the token sober at a party before and it's no fun sitting watching all the drunk people have fun and talking crap, thinking 'that could be me.'

The Student Room is renowned for being the world's most densely populated with virgins and losers web space, so it's inevitable you have a few bitter Barbara's who pretend they enjoy not drinking. They're the type who just meander around TSR making sarcastic comments for cheap rep and overusing the ':rolleyes:' smiley; - a sorry existence.

This.

And OP, you are right. The sober people at a party look like they'd rather not be at said party.
Reply 26
It all depends on the individual. Some people are generally a right laugh, sober and drunk so it doesn't really have an affect. Then others, who point blank refuse to drink are just complete tossers. Especially the ones who like to spread all the 'gossip' about what everyone else got up too the night before, because they didn't drink and can remember every little detail. So whilst everyone else is hungover feeling rough, there having a ball texting all the stuff you got up to once you'd had a few too many.
I'm beginning to have my doubts about this forum..
Original post by lovely_me
I agree. I've had the misfortune of being the token sober at a party before and it's no fun sitting watching all the drunk people have fun and talking crap, thinking 'that could be me.'

The Student Room is renowned for being the world's most densely populated with virgins and losers web space, so it's inevitable you have a few bitter Barbara's who pretend they enjoy not drinking. They're the type who just meander around TSR making sarcastic comments for cheap rep and overusing the ':rolleyes:' smiley; - a sorry existence.

Coming from Mr 3800 posts...
Original post by im so academic
What has become of society if you actually need to become drunk to have fun. :facepalm2:

A bit of alcohol - fair enough, but to get absolutely wasted? Well, if you get liver disease, that's your fault. (Not implying everyone who regularly gets drunk will get liver disease).

oh dear god another 'what is the world coming to' preacher, blimey get over yourself,

seriously do you think that from the point that alcohol was discovered that it was used sensibly until recently. you're a classic example of someone who has no idea how society is. just another one of those people that like to pretend their sensible and know everything, are mega up themselves and are too scared to just do something stupid every now and then.
Reply 30
Most things are more fun when alcohol is consumed. Though personally I find that once I've had 1 beer I automatically feel more relaxed and happy and confident - although the physical effect of the alcohol is basically nothing.
Original post by Anabolicminds
this phrase is always thrown around on forums and internert, yet in real life, the sober ones (rare) in clubs/parties usually look bored as fuuuck, they think all the drunk people are annoying and act like party poopers and usually leave early while everyone is partying till late....

just what i've noticed, have you ?

I don't like it when I'm at a party feeling completely normal and everyone else is really drunk. It's fine if no one's drunk, but I think feeling left out and not as high-spirited as everyone else can be a problem. So I usually drink a little, and laugh at the stupidly drunk people.
I stayed sober at a party once as I was the designated driver. Just once. Never again.

Being sober with drunks is just terrible. How anyone could enjoy it is beyond my comprehension.
i have plenty of fun when im sober, purely because i dont like feeling drunk. The fact is that if someone doesnt want to drink what's the problem? there's normally a reason as to why they stay sober and who are you to question that? Maybe they're smart enough to know that their company isnt that bad that they need to be drunk to be considered fun.
Original post by Panda Bear
I have a friend who proves it right. Though his idea of fun is taking advantage of all the drunk girls.

To me, that's more creepy than a guy who gets horrendously drunk and preys on similarly drunk people. At least the really drunk guy doesn't really realise what he's doing, and is of similar mental state as the girl he's preying on.
Reply 35
I can honestly say I agree with that statement although it can get boring if you have a group of friends who drink till they can't stand everytime they go out.
I am lucky that I have 2 or 3 that don't drink or only have a few so it's easier to handle.
After seeing the situations a lot of my friends who drink in excess end up in EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND it has just become routine to find them slouched in a corner crying about everything/falling about the place etc etc. Not a pretty site.
Of course it's possible to have fun at places like that sober, but I find that the amount of fun I have is linked to how heavily intoxicated the people I am with are. Tipsy people are grand and you can still have the Craic with them, it's the ones that go overboard with the whole drink situation that leave me looking 'bored' and 'annoyed'.
Original post by Anabolicminds
this phrase is always thrown around on forums and internert, yet in real life, the sober ones (rare) in clubs/parties usually look bored as fuuuck, they think all the drunk people are annoying and act like party poopers and usually leave early while everyone is partying till late....

just what i've noticed, have you ?

I agree..
I dont drink, and I ****ing hate going to parties :/

What fun can be had with a bunch of drunken ****s? Come on, we all know how annoying people are drunk.
Reply 37
It really depends on what you mean by sober and drunk. If everyone around you is practically falling over you and you're completely stone-cold then it will just be crap. But if the drunk people are less than completely wasted, and the sober person has had a glass or two then you can definitely still have fun.
I don't have a problem with people who don't drink at parties, just as long as they don't act all holier than thou about it in front of me or stuck up. You get some dicks who talk about liver disease, committing sin and the negative sides of alcohol in front of you, essentially implying that you're the biggest **** up/loser in the world because you drink.

Serious killjoys..
I always end up drinking too much and puke everywhere so I try to limit myself before I get absolutely smashed but yes being drunk is a funny feeling especially if the people around you are drunk as well. The whole world seems a lot different and I start thinking I am intellectual lol.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending