Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR G544 (Approaches and research methods) 02/02/11 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do ya guys reckon for section B, individual differences or the developmental approach might come up, cos if so i'm screwed. I know only really really brief things about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Do ya guys reckon for section B, individual differences or the developmental approach might come up, cos if so i'm screwed. I know only really really brief things about them.
    my teacher said that she PREDICTS individual differences will come up.. but i want developmental to and i definatly don't want a perspective to come up cos i'd be screwed lol... might go and learn them now!

do you think its a good idea to see what came up in the exams last year and not learn what came up cos it probs won't come up in the exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling section B will be psychodynamic or behaviourist
    then one on observation or self -report ..just a hunch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    I have a feeling section B will be psychodynamic or behaviourist
    then one on observation or self -report ..just a hunch!
    me too! but the behaviourist came up last year but only one the comparison question

ReputationRep:
    Developmental and psychodynamic gets my vote!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question;
    In section A, are we likely to get asked to write a procedure for either an observation, a self-report (questionnaire/interview) or a case study method...?
    If so, what kind of things would you write? :confused:

I only know how to write one for an experiment or correlational research...

ReputationRep:
    So there is little chance Behaviourist is coming up!?! :O I really wanted that!!!

My teachers have predicted a high chance a debate is going to come up.

ReputationRep:
    Are other people leaving the social and cognitive approach, as they have already been on? I have not revised them as much as the other approaches, debates, issues and methods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sailor1)
    Are other people leaving the social and cognitive approach, as they have already been on? I have not revised them as much as the other approaches, debates, issues and methods.
    I've done the same

Anyone know how Johanssons study on stress fits into the indivual differences app?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a list of studies grouped via their approaches?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anooshayarif)
    Section A was WEIRD, questionnaire with oppurtunity sample - whattt
    Section B ran out of time

So yeah, re-sit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickhuss93)
    Developmental and psychodynamic gets my vote!
    Boooooyah!

ReputationRep:
    thought i did crap in section A cos i didn't know what to include!
    section B was a lot better cos of the developmental approach but kinda felt like i was repeating myself.. so overall i'm unsure! how did you find it ?

ReputationRep:
    The second question was strange, we just revised correlations and experiments..so did you have to include all the stuff you would normally for an experiment? Like independent and dependent variable, and controls and stuff :/
    or just describe what your questionnaire is and who the sample would be, how you'd collect results etc...
    so confused.

ReputationRep:
    Section A was awkward, not sure if I hit all the right points for b) but mer. Section B, I did Developmental, which wasn't too bad, but got a little stuck on part e) but hey ho. I needed an A on this paper, but don't think thats happened, so resit in the summer yay >_<

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a fair exam.. I did q9...
    I chose anxiety in sport in section A,,, we didn't have to use any experimental design such as IMD or RMD?

ReputationRep:
    I found Section A quite hard at first, but then i got the hang of it and Section B was just playing mean with the developmental approach as it was my weakest approach.

I had to leave out 26 marks at the end of the exam and i had a computer and 25% extra time for the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akindrat18)
    I found Section A quite hard at first, but then i got the hang of it and Section B was just playing mean with the developmental approach as it was my weakest approach.

I had to leave out 26 marks at the end of the exam and i had a computer and 25% extra time for the paper.
    what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    I mean that it was a a really hard exam and i hope to do a lot better in the resit if the psychodynamic perspective doesn't show up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.