The Student Room Group

Too shy and no confidence when it comes to girls...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[QUOTE="ollie82;29100401"]
Original post by Anonymous

well, what's a regular guy?! my boyfriend is 21 and it took a lot out of him just to ask me out! i've been out with 'regular guys' but i wasn't interested. i like it that my bf's a bit different.

what do you want? getting with girls for the sake of it isn't all its cracked up to be. and if you're shy it'll probably make you feel rubbish if you just go for a quickie. you seem like a nice enough guy, so don't make yourself look like an idiot!

have you got any friends who are girls? if you just spend time hanging out with them as friends, then at least you'll get used to talking to girls and how you should/shouldn't act. ask a girl you like if she'd like to meet up sometime. don't do something boring where you won't be able to do anything. cinema is always an awful first date, cause you can't get to know each other. parks are always great cause there's plenty to look at when things are awkward and there's always a cafe when you get hungry.

i can't speak for all girls but i like it when a guy acts like he trusts me and wants to get to know me. and the best thing a guy can do is be a good cook. learn to cook a good meal and you're more than likely in! altho check if she's veggie first!

how old are you?

I am actually 19. At uni I chat to a lot more girls than I used to, most girls though just see me as a mate as i'm just the ''nice guy''. But you're right if I got with a random girl and nothing came of it, i'd feel awful lol. Thing is I haven't even kissed a girl which feels extremely lonely as you just feel that you just aren't good enough...

My mates tell me I think too much which is probably true, ... I guess I could try people from my degree and stuff because at a nightlub, its a horrible place/way to even try to start a relationship if thats possible!
Reply 21
[QUOTE="Anonymous;29108251"]
Original post by ollie82

I am actually 19. At uni I chat to a lot more girls than I used to, most girls though just see me as a mate as i'm just the ''nice guy''. But you're right if I got with a random girl and nothing came of it, i'd feel awful lol. Thing is I haven't even kissed a girl which feels extremely lonely as you just feel that you just aren't good enough...

My mates tell me I think too much which is probably true, ... I guess I could try people from my degree and stuff because at a nightlub, its a horrible place/way to even try to start a relationship if thats possible!

it'll come! us girls are a bit boring really! and just to say, 3 of the 4 guys i've been out with i'd been friends with for at least a year beforehand. my boyfriend now is 21 and didn't have a proper gf before me.

btw, lots of girls are begging for guys in just the same way. i have lots of friends that'd come running your way if they saw you!! what kind of things are you interested in?

hanging out with girls is way cooler than getting off with them - to girls. well, that actually depends. if you're looking for a relatively nice girl who you can spend a lot of time with and be happy, acting nice will help you. girls aren't really attracted to over confident dicks unless they want sex.

and yeah, nightclubs are not the place to start a relationship. hang out with girls in places where you can hear each other's voices! and also show your interest in stuff. any of the girls on your course nice? or in any of the clubs you go to? then you know you've got something in common to start with.

good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending