Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls-if you saw a busker you really fancied, would you approach him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dude, just accept no one is going to make a move on a busker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peteo)
    Just wondering if it's because people are scared or maybe i'm just ugly?

Let me know, females
    So very sad...........

ReputationRep:
    I don't approach random strangers in the street and I only recently learned that busking isn't a form of begging. I thought buskers were homeless people who saved up enough money to buy an instrument. It's ignorant of me but a fair few people think the same and that might be what is putting some other ignorant girls off lol

ReputationRep:
    If I was with my friends and I was feeling a bit silly I might go over and ask if they take requests and chat from there but I wouldn't be all over them. I have a male friend who busks and he gets a lot of female attention and even fans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    I don't approach random strangers in the street and I only recently learned that busking isn't a form of begging. I thought buskers were homeless people who saved up enough money to buy an instrument. It's ignorant of me but a fair few people think the same and that might be what is putting some other ignorant girls off lol
    Wow, can't believe I actually read that...

ReputationRep:
    Some girls would, others wouldn't all about luck on the day i guess!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peteo)
    Wow, can't believe I actually read that...
    Same here man

ReputationRep:
    I might talk to them, but presumably they would be too busy busking for a long chat. I'd say hello, if I did like the look of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peteo)
    Just wondering if it's because people are scared or maybe i'm just ugly?

Let me know, females
    Personally.. if I was single and saw any guy in the street who was good looking and seemed nice and approachable then yeah I'd approach him.. And I guess it would just be a little bonus if the guy was talented too. But not everyone's that confident.

I don't know you obviously.. and can't tell if you're good looking because I don't know what you look like. There's not much people can say to this other than whether they'd approach a stranger in the street or not.

Also, don't most buskers go out to get money.. not hoping a nice looking girl will approach them. If you see someone you like.. why don't you approach them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    Dude, just accept no one is going to make a move on a busker.
    That's not true. I am a guitarist, vocalist and keyboard player, and between 2006 and 2009 I used to busk an average of 3 to 5 days a week in towns all over the UK and even some of Spain. I got quite a lot of female attention during this time. Girls would usually come up to me to request a song, or simply to chat to me between songs or after I'd finished.

If there was any spark, we'd usually exchange numbers and sometimes I even used to invite girls with me to a coffee shop right after I'd finished my busking session so we could talk and get to know each other. It really was fun.

Sometimes girls would put notes in my guitar case with their number on too if I was in the middle of a song and we didn't have a chance to talk.

Don't get wrong, I didn't pull every day I was busking....but it sure did happen quite a bit. I had quite a few female stalkers during this time and whenever I used to go back to a town to busk again they'd be there again to watch me play and to talk to me.

My advice to the OP is don't do busking just to get girls. If that is your only motivation, then you are going to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Even if it DOES happen, there will be plenty of times when it doesn't too. You should busk and be a musician simply because you love music and love to write and perform it.

Getting girls is a nice fringe benefit of being a musician, but not the reason for being a musician In fact, eventually you'll grow out of wanting to get girls from being a musician. It gets old and boring and really predictable after a while. These days, I do music because I am passionate about music, not to get girls. If I want to meet girls, I'd rather approach them when I'm not doing music. When I'm doing music, I'm there to play music, not to meet girls. And truthfully, if you just want to pull girls, there are easier and more efficient ways than being a musician. I just think the whole musician/groupie thing is kind of tacky, immature and cliched really and I'm not into it anymore, I'm just into the music.

Good luck, though. Busking is good fun, and the money can be pretty darn good too. Surprisingly, busking can pay really well if you're good at it.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE buskers! :love: I'd probably loiter around listening to him then go up and say how much I liked his playing/singing, maybe request a song You need to take breaks in between songs to give your adoring public a chance to come up and speak to you dude!

ReputationRep:
    There are 2 very well dressed, very clearly not poor in the slightest (one I know for a fact is fairly well off) who sing, and play guitar my way!

Granted, most of the time it does look like your poor!

But some people busk to entertain, and make a small bit of money (as apose to getting a sunday/saturday job)

If I was a girl, or I saw a girl busker that I liked (and if I was single) I dont think I would have any problem with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peteo)
    Why lol? I didn't ask do you fancy me, I asked if you fancied the person would you approach them?
    Only asked because you said 'am I just ugly?' :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.