Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's everyone doing for new years eve ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Living it up in Edinburgh this year!

ReputationRep:
    House party

ReputationRep:
    Working 6pm-2am. :facepalm: Same again New Years Day, so looks like a belated celebration will be in order for me!

ReputationRep:
    I shall be mathsing like a woman on fire

ReputationRep:
    House party at a friends house, that is, if it's definitely going ahead.

ReputationRep:
    drugs

I'm at home in Edinburgh and an old school friend is throwing his annual house party. Sometimes, we walk up to George Street for midnight (he lives pretty central) and watch the fireworks going off before heading back for more booze

The Edinburgh Hogmanay Street Party is a bit rubbish, btw.

ReputationRep:
      I am going to my house party
      But I don't live in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by John Deere)
      You not going to Fareham with Oly now man?
      oioi! I might still be going, but went out last night and spend a load and I can't justify spending near £100 just on a night out.
      What you up to NYE?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thecdon)
      oioi! I might still be going, but went out last night and spend a load and I can't justify spending near £100 just on a night out.
      What you up to NYE?
      sweet where u go last night?? Haha yeh i realised i dont have any smart stuff to wear out anyway lol left it all back at uni so stupid and yeh clubbing will not be cheap, duno man probs stay in at this rate as its taking ages to heal lol. Wouldnt mind having a pint tho!!! u?

ReputationRep:
      don't know what I will do...

Maybe I will go over the biggest news reports of the last decade...

ReputationRep:
      Well...I'll wake up early to try and find a dress to wear (slightly worried about that). Then I'll have a nice meal with the fam (expensive roast beef )..might have some pre pre drinks with them. Then I'll meet up with a couple of friends for pre drinks at one of their houses and after that we'll get the tube to London. We'll hit a few pubs and wonder about (hopefully not getting stuck in the crowds :P) and then when we're ready we'll head to my friend's house party.

Gonna be BOOMting

ReputationRep:
      Having a family get together at my boyfriends' place.

ReputationRep:
      Nobody appears to be going out because it's apparently extortionate, so I just hope to god I can find a house party to go to.

ReputationRep:
      Party with some friends... not old enough for clubbing yet :P

ReputationRep:
      I managed to get a holiday off from work. I work in a bar. So yeah I'm staying the **** home, plus i hate how everyone is so happy at hogmanay and i'm the only miserable person out

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EggmanD)

cost me £2.50 return to get to Bristol from London as well on a megabus.. looking to be a gooden for me
      £2.50 return Bristol to London?!?!?!?! What on Earth is that on? Cost me double that to get to and from school everyday!

ReputationRep:
      Friends house, i hate clubbing and new years is no different. I swear all that happens is people get touched up without wanting to! Basically posh rape - _ - you filthy rapists!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Grace*)
      i have no parties to go to (((((( :cry2: so no idea what i'm going to do! Anything happening in Cambridge ? apart from Fez?:bumps:
      I'm in London and I'm the same.

ReputationRep:
      Going to a massive party, man it's going to be insane!
      That or go to a rave
      :danceboy: uns uns uns

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.