Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiitlinz)
    Just wondering c: I've not found anyone else doing Advanced Higher Mandarin Chinese, although I think there might be some people doing Cantonese...

Or is there anyone doing any level of Chinese language qualification in Scotland on here?
    :console:

WTF? :lolwut:

Are you Chinese yourself? I'm doing Access 3 because that's the highest our school will let us take it and Access 3 is like, idiot level. :sigh:

How many are in your class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clothespeg)
    I am! Oh, wait... I'm just doing a mandarin. Not quite the same.

This is Scottish Qualifications. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZombieCharge)
    :console:

WTF? :lolwut:

Are you Chinese yourself? I'm doing Access 3 because that's the highest our school will let us take it and Access 3 is like, idiot level. :sigh:

How many are in your class?
    Yaay, someone else

Just me in my class :c Actually slightly regretting taking it, reading a 40000 character novel isn't the most fun thing to do :/

No, I'm not Chinese c: Although I think that about 70% of people who did Higher last year were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiitlinz)
    No, I'm not Chinese c: Although I think that about 70% of people who did Higher last year were.
    That's kind of cheating (if you're already fluent in the language). The people who are doing Higher Urdu at my school are already fluent/first language speakers. :rolleyes:

Anyway, at least you're in the knowledge that if you get a C, there probably isn't anyone who did better than you. I'm sure you'll get an A anyway. Do you know how many are doing AH in Scotland this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZombieCharge)
    This is Scottish Qualifications. :fyi:
    I think you missed the joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clothespeg)
    I think you missed the joke
    I'm native chinese so i speak cantonese ... so i cant really help with mandarin speaking i can help with writing as theose works are near similar
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I did int. 1 the first year SQA offered it, then swiftly dropped it when i realised i had no hope of progressing any further!

I think they really ought to make allowances for the fact that it's inherently more difficult than other languages they offer...getting an AH in french is significantly easier than getting an AH in mandarin, if you're non-native.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.