?
Report 8 years ago
who would do the menial jobs?
JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
But what would there be for Pat Condell to make ranty YouTube videos about?
ZombieCharge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So, one without any Conservatives...? Heaven.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like a terrible idea.
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
What do you think it would be like to set-up a new country that had strict entrance requirements - notably on the grounds of intelligence, being atheist/agnostic, passing a behavioural test (including politeness, criminal record, and so forth).

So long as the land contained no indigenous population, then there wouldn't be any infringement on liberty. People would know the conditions when they apply.

What do you think this country would be like? Prosperous? A failure?

Would you apply?
Over the passage of time,you wouldn't expect the population to come to a halt (unless all of them go sterile) and in doing so you get offspring's with variation.So such an idea is unlikely for now.In far future genetic engineering might come handy.
Tbh it sounds more of a sci-fi movie/anime plot. o.0
Margaret Thatcher
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Bazlehman)
Would there be a Morrisons?
No, just Waitrose darling.
Arekkusu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Teveth)
It would depend on the economic system. If the new land were to adopt capitalism (in its current form, as it is in the UK and US), eventually a class of poorer people would emerge, and naturally, crime, lack of education, neglect etc would become prevalent, just like everywhere else, regardless of the fact the country originally began with only intelligent and law abiding people inhabiting it.

The problems of society have nothing to do with a certain class of people holding the country back because they are naturally inferior. It is the economic system that creates the classes, and it will always create a class rife with crime and everything else undesirable if it is a system of unregulated capitalism.
Thank heavens there's someone else here with their head screwed on right. I hate that Marxism is true, but it is, and there's no alternative.
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrU5N...eature=related ?

Don't worry- probably wouldn't be anything like that although the setting might be interesting!

The Disney company made Celebration, a community that some have compared to The Truman Show. The future is already here.
damos92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd go, only because i've made the judgement that atheist chicks will be more likely to suck a rod if the mood happens to lean towards erotica.
angrydanmarin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Atheists aren't all intelligent. Most i've noticed (on this forum) can't construct a cogent argument.

And no, that society would fail. Sounds like a fascist dictatorship where only 'revolution' would follow. Just let capitalism have it's way Margaret.
burpleronnie
Report 8 years ago
What do you think it would be like to set-up a new country that had strict entrance requirements - notably on the grounds of intelligence, being atheist/agnostic, passing a behavioural test (including politeness, criminal record, and so forth).

So long as the land contained no indigenous population, then there wouldn't be any infringement on liberty. People would know the conditions when they apply.

Would you apply?
You obviously have'nt played enough Bioshock.
Hooovan*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like a hellish place to live.
Pheylan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by angrydanmarin)
Atheists aren't all intelligent.
who said that they are?
domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 8 years ago
Yes, but you'd need an underclass of slaves for it to function. Which is fine, really, you could just enslave people with IQs below a certain level.
'Shadowplay'
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd like it. :awesome:
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Where would this country be? It's not as if there are many inhabited places in the world now, unless it would be some island in the middle of the Pacific..
-raisa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Would you apply?
I think the country would be a failure; it just wouldn't work out, for many reasons.

& Being an atheist myself, I would never apply.
cybergrad
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Being an atheist does not guarantee intelligence. Plus, who would help them to get up when they fall from their high horse.
.:Doctor:.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by No Man)
Where would this country be? It's not as if there are many inhabited places in the world now, unless it would be some island in the middle of the Pacific..
http://seasteading.org/ Sorted.
JW92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Teveth)
It would depend on the economic system. If the new land were to adopt capitalism (in its current form, as it is in the UK and US), eventually a class of poorer people would emerge, and naturally, crime, lack of education, neglect etc would become prevalent, just like everywhere else, regardless of the fact the country originally began with only intelligent and law abiding people inhabiting it.

The problems of society have nothing to do with a certain class of people holding the country back because they are naturally inferior. It is the economic system that creates the classes, and it will always create a class rife with crime and everything else undesirable if it is a system of unregulated capitalism.
Ignoring the glaring economic flaws in your argument, you spout this Marxist ideology and yet your a staunch supporter of New Labour. The two really don't match up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (0)
0%
They might tell the bully (0)
0%
I don't think they'd understand (0)
0%
It might lead to more bullying (0)
0%
There's nothing they could do (0)
0%

Watched Threads