Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend got physically aggressive Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeNunn)
    So because she's a girl if she hits him he cant hit her?

Sexist much

And.. women want equality.. so why not let them have it?
    Maybe because we are physically much weaker than men? My promiscuousness is totally eclipsed by being pushed out of his house........Relationships can fight through affairs but ABH? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leon.)
    LISTEN UP HATERS
    shes obv already said she was sorry for cheatin on him so why should she be to blame???
    learn to read stuff ppl say before makin stupid conclosions
    Thanks for standing up for me, I am being flamed here for no reason I am in the right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeNunn)
    So because she's a girl if she hits him he cant hit her?

Sexist much

And.. women want equality.. so why not let them have it?

F.Y.I Id never hit a girl or a boy unless my life depended on it.
    yeh yeh yeh sexist watever. just because i dont think a strong man should hit a girl dosent mean im sexist for god sake. girls shouldent hit guys either because its wrong but the girl who made the trhed had a reason too he was shouting in her face, making her feel thretened and she just slapped him that is allowed but punching would be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to defend yourself if you are being put in fear of violence, which it sounds like the OP was. You don't have to wait for someone to hit you before you hit them back. That would be completely illogical and ridiculous. Its very easy to sit back and say "You could have done this" in hindsight, but unless you have ever been in a situation where someone is screaming in your face that you are going to die you can't possibly judge their actions. Like I said, doesn't sound like the worst case ever, but it could oh so easily have escalated into something more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leon.)
    LISTEN UP HATERS
    shes obv already said she was sorry for cheatin on him so why should she be to blame???
    learn to read stuff ppl say before makin stupid conclosions
    So....if you were dating someone and they cheated on you but said 'sorry' it'd be ok?

That's exactly what you just said, incase you try and backtrack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SxcUggGirl87)
    Thanks for standing up for me, I am being flamed here for no reason I am in the right.
    You really are a sad little person, and you know it.

If most people saying you are in the wrong then clearly you have to accept that you are in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leon.)
    yeh yeh yeh sexist watever. just because i dont think a strong man should hit a girl dosent mean im sexist for god sake. girls shouldent hit guys either because its wrong but the girl who made the trhed had a reason too he was shouting in her face, making her feel thretened and she just slapped him that is allowed but punching would be wrong.
    Yeah i agree with you that men shouldnt hit women.. but women shouldnt hit men right?

He didnt hit her.. he removed her from the house before the situation escalated. I might be wrong but i think that was a good decision

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because we are physically much weaker than men? My promiscuousness is totally eclipsed by being pushed out of his house........Relationships can fight through affairs but ABH? I don't think so.
    You're saying that being grabbed and put outside the house is actual bodily harm?

Oh wow, really? Sure i slapped him but thats what a man gets if he swears at his girlfriend...ever been in a relationship? He opened the door and shoved me outside, violence is never the answer.
    So what happens if you swear at him?

ReputationRep:
    YOU cheated on him and YOU slapped him and you think YOU are RIGHT.????????:eek:

go see a shrink babe, you have issues.....

BTW-YOU ARE WRONG.

ReputationRep:
    ABH? Do you have any bruises because of his actions? Did his actions cause any bleeding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leon.)
    So he would have been in the right to slap her back? I don't get it, either violence is wrong or it's right, there is no middle ground because no 2 people have identical strength. For all we know she is bigger than her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    So....if you were dating someone and they cheated on you but said 'sorry' it'd be ok?

That's exactly what you just said, incase you try and backtrack
    I agree with that, an apology with a valid excuse like mine (I was drinking) should mean everything goes back to normal after a while.

I am shocked at the amount of men on this forum who see it as right to bully and assault innocent women just because they are physically more powerful, it is disgusting.

Before I left my boyfriend's house I pushed his television off the stand onto the floor and pulled down a painting on the wall, i do feel really guilty about it but I was just trying to show that I am no a pathetic person who he can treat however he wants, still he should have calmed me down rather than grabbing me, it was terrifying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    =/ People can be very unfair when it comes to domestic violence. We don't know the whole situation, you can't jump to conclusions that he was acting in self defence. The OP says he was screaming in her face, her actions may equally have been defensive.

As someone who has been through a very long and very violent relationship its quite unsettling to see responses like this. Agreed it doesn't sound like the OP was wronged too badly, but there is no need to abuse her, she didn't ask for her boyfriend to be violent towards her.
    He didnt ask to be cheated on, and then assualted himself by being slapped and kicked.

Thanks everyone

Oh wow, really? Sure i slapped him but thats what a man gets if he swears at his girlfriend...ever been in a relationship? He opened the door and shoved me outside, violence is never the answer.
    do you seriously not see the ludicrous double standards in your post

ReputationRep:
    If he used enough force for the police to become involved I would hardly say he "went light" on her. Cheating on him, while morally completely unacceptable (I would not condone that in any circumstances) doesn't give him an excuse to go to town on her. From what I can tell she lashed out while he was screaming in her face, in what I take to be an attempt to defend herself or remove herself from the situation. She shouldn't have been put in a situation where she needed to do that in the first place.
    What are you onabout? :L
    She called the police, ofcourse theyre gonna be involved... A woman was recently in the news for calling police (getting them involved) because someone stole her snowman :P

Just because police were involved doesnt have to mean anything other than the person calling the police is a complete plank.

ReputationRep:
    If he used enough force for the police to become involved I would hardly say he "went light" on her. Cheating on him, while morally completely unacceptable (I would not condone that in any circumstances) doesn't give him an excuse to go to town on her. From what I can tell she lashed out while he was screaming in her face, in what I take to be an attempt to defend herself or remove herself from the situation. She shouldn't have been put in a situation where she needed to do that in the first place.
    No the police got involved because the op said he was being violent. But when they realised what actually happened they dropped the charges. If anything she should have been arrested for attacking him first.

ReputationRep:
    I've missed the point where he was physical with you. YOU hit him.

You cheat on him. He raises his voice, you start hitting him, he grabs you to stop you attacking him, and you accuse him of assault?

ReputationRep:
    Like I say being cheated on doesn't give him free reign to do what he wants. That way madness lies. And it sounds like he was screaming in her face when she did the slapping and kicking. She hasn't said why she did that, but if it was in defense or herself or in an attempt to remove herself from the situation I think she was perfectly justified.
    and the smashing and demolishing of his stuff? You seem to think that a woman is perfectly entitled to act in any way shape or form she likes and a bloke at no point is allowed to retaliate.

And if she acted the way she is acting on here and coming off all innocent then what was the bloke supposed to do? Sit there and take it? She slept with his friend, acted as though shes wasnt to blame, smashed his tv, smashed his picture, slapped and kicked him and through this he is supposed to do what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    When I defended myself, slapping and kicking him away from me, he didn't wake up to reality or rational thought but he GRABBED ME and pushed me really hard out of his door, still shouting.
    Have you heard anything about the right of self-defence? It has to be adequate. You can not shoot a child damaging your property and then use it as an affirmative defence. He was shouting at you to which you responded by slapping and kicking him, therefore it was you assaulting him. He grabbed you only as a result of you assault and pushed you out of his door because he wanted to break contact.

I called 999 and he was arrested for assault...
    Justice is sometimes twisted...

...but the charges have been dropped.
    ... but mostly reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    and the smashing and demolishing of his stuff? You seem to think that a woman is perfectly entitled to act in any way shape or form she likes and a bloke at no point is allowed to retaliate.

And if she acted the way she is acting on here and coming off all innocent then what was the bloke supposed to do? Sit there and take it?
    Absolutely not, smashing his stuff up was a stupid thing to do. I hope the OP realises that. But acting defensively isn't "punch for punch", and screaming in someone's face is plenty justification for lashing out at them if you fear harm to yourself. Same for him as it is for her. We don't know enough to say definitively who was at fault, but people seem to be assuming that because she cheated on him (yes, wrong) and he didn't physically punch her that he was in the right. That's not right IMO, and like I say its very easy to say you should have done things differently in hindsight, but luckily most people haven't been in a position where they genuinely fear for their safety at the hands of someone they love.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.