Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SILLY NAMES FOR INNOCENT KIDS-Would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You will never beat these names:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-I-twins.html

Why Miss Foss gave her children such exotic names

Sara Foss and Stephen Smith have enjoyed conjuring up wild and wacky names for their 13 children.
    We've listed them, from oldest to youngest, and given Sara's reasons for their names.
    Patrick – named after Sara's grandmother's surname of Patrick
    Stephen – after his doting dad, Stephen
    Malachai – after a character in the horror film, Children of the Corn
    Peppermint – after Sara started craving mints during her fourth pregnancy
    Echo – after a group of eco-campaigners who Stephen met during a job at work
    Eli – another character in the 1984 film Children of the Corn
    Rogue – a character in the film X-Men
    Frodo – hobbit in Lord of the Rings
    Morpheus – a character in film, The Matrix, staring Keanu Reeves
    Artemis – book character, Artemis Fowl, an obnoxious teenage criminal
    Blackbird – named after a gathering of blackbirds which flew onto Sara's lawn
    Baudelaire – named after the Baudelaire orphans which featured in Lemony Snicket's film A Series of Unfortunate Events
    Voorhees – named after serial killer, Jason Voorhees in the horror movie, Friday The 13th

Frodo?!

ReputationRep:
    I would for the lulz. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    There's a family round where I live & the kids are called:

Christine, Christina, Charmaine, Chloe and Christian.

& ofcourse there is Vaginica Semen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Christmas isn't that bad of a name. I'd not want to name my child with some ridiculous name though. (Mine isn't exactly great).

I know a girl who is called 'Semen' because in Turkish it is pronounced Seh-mehn and is quite a standard Turkish name...

...Her parents really should have known better than to name their child that in London though. :facepalm:
    lol'd hard.

ReputationRep:
    A second cousin of mine is called Pitney. after Gene Pitney. She's a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I personally dont know anyone with a ridiculous name but i definitely wouldnt call my kids anything stupid like that. The poor child would get picked on all its life. Plus id get embarrassed too- having to tell people what my kids name was.

ReputationRep:
    But Moon Unit Zappa is the best name ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    When I lived in France loads of my friends were called fanny and I knew someone else called saliva
    lmao!

I thought Fanny went out in the 1800s :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnitup)
    Hi, today i went with my parents to my Aunts house as she just had a baby. When i asked what his name was she answered 'Christmas as he was born on Christmas day' WTFFFFFFF!!! I swear i nearly dropped the child out of shock!This poor innocent child will go through life with the name CHRISTMAS due to the unfortunate circumstances of his date of birth, she might as well carve 'OPEN TARGERT' on his head to make life that bit easier for the bullies of the future. To make it worse his 5 yr old sister has a normal name- Leah

So my question is what is THE most ludicrous name you have heard and Would you subject your child (if you want them) to a 'special' name?
    It's not that bad as names go really. Everyone can just call it Chris, and that's really normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)

Sara Foss and Stephen Smith have enjoyed conjuring up wild and wacky names for their 13 children.
    We've listed them, from oldest to youngest, and given Sara's reasons for their names.
    Baudelaire – named after the Baudelaire orphans which featured in Lemony Snicket's film A Series of Unfortunate Events
    Voorhees – named after serial killer, Jason Voorhees in the horror movie, Friday The 13th

Frodo?!

LOOOOOOOOOL!!!
    The first two were Ok. but the rest :clap2::doctor:
    Voorhees seriously........

ReputationRep:
    My sister did have a friend who wanted to name her son Anas ... but spelt it 'Anus' :teehee:

Luckily the registrar pointed it out to her & her husband and they changed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I think Jamie Oliver's children have quite absurd names. Daisy Boo Pamela, Poppy Honey Rosie, Petal Blossom Rainbow, and Buddy Bear Maurice....

I mean, seriously......I think Jamie is pretty top notch but his taste in names is abysmal.

No I would never inflict a ludicrous name on a child. My children are called :

Lydia Fay
    Alexander Joshua
    Jason Matthew
    Urgh, those are the most nauseating names ever. It's like a 6 year old girl just spewed out all her doll's names into one big long list.

(Jamie Oliver's, not your kids, those are nice names)

ReputationRep:
    My boss called his daughter Summer-Ann. Just made everyone think of Ann Summers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    It's not that bad as names go really. Everyone can just call it Chris, and that's really normal
    I never thought of that until these comments
    Chris is a lot better though....

Just thought when he is old and dies his gravestone would probably read 'Here lies Christmas' so in fact they were buring christmas....

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I did a placement at a school and one of the kids was called Estonia... (no links to the country at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    When I have children I'm not going to call them anything more extreme than Charlotte or Sophie.

Traditional names FTW
    Whoo! There's three of us in my closest group of friends with the same name.

[This adds nothing to the thread, I know.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I think Jamie Oliver's children have quite absurd names. Daisy Boo Pamela, Poppy Honey Rosie, Petal Blossom Rainbow, and Buddy Bear Maurice....

I mean, seriously......I think Jamie is pretty top notch but his taste in names is abysmal.

No I would never inflict a ludicrous name on a child. My children are called :

Lydia Fay
    Alexander Joshua
    Jason Matthew
    I quite like the name Daisy Boo. I wouldn't call my child that but it doesn't make me cringe like Petal Blossom Rainbow does...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnitup)
    I never thought of that until these comments
    Chris is a lot better though....

Just thought when he is old and dies ig gravestone would probably read 'Here lies Christmas' so in fact they were buring christmas....
    Haha. Let's hope he has a sense of humour and doesn't change it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)

Frodo?!
    I'm really hoping Artemis is a girl. Otherwise he might object to being named after a virgin goddess....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.