Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When does flirting get too much? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I've been gettint this quote a lot recently..
    Its cos you're too cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    I am, and I have spoken to him about it, but I can't help but feel so let down, I'm just wondering if im letting the length of the relationship stop me from reacting to it like I really should.
    Not gunna lie, OP, I would end it. After all he is male, and after five years of relationship, his eye will be prone to wonder from time to time. But at the same time, five years has to mean something. Do you wanna lose hime because of one girl? If this was a one-off then perhaps you should stay with him, but let him know, with no uncertainty, that if something of this nature happens again, then he's out the door. Does she know he is in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    And this is a problem, have you let your guard down?
    I guess I had, I didn't think you needed a guard up when your supposed to trust someone =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I've been gettint this quote a lot recently..
    You are pretty funny. Especially the first line of your signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    Its cos you're too cool
    :blush: oh stop it.

(Original post by Converse)
    You are pretty funny. Especially the first line of your signature.
    Lol thanks man

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether its to far as far as flirting goes, that's obviously individual to each relationship, but he shouldn't of lied to you and that makes it seem like HE thought it was to far..

ReputationRep:
    I guess I had, I didn't think you needed a guard up when your supposed to trust someone =[
    You don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    Not gunna lie, OP, I would end it. After all he is male, and after five years of relationship, his eye will be prone to wonder from time to time. But at the same time, five years has to mean something. Do you wanna lose hime because of one girl? If this was a one-off then perhaps you should stay with him, but let him know, with no uncertainty, that if something of this nature happens again, then he's out the door. Does she know he is in a relationship?
    Yep she does know, and the stupid girl has a boyfriend too =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    I don't know whether its to far as far as flirting goes, that's obviously individual to each relationship, but he shouldn't of lied to you and that makes it seem like HE thought it was to far..
    This

ReputationRep:
    You've always got to look out for yourself a little bit, to save yourself from hurt, a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has a girl mate he admitted to fancying while we weren't together, he messaged her telling her he'd had a dream and she was in it..
    she replied annoyingly saying "ooh what was I wearing"....I saw this and asked if he replied, he said no, later I found out he had replied saying "You weren't wearing much at all, and it looked so good!"
    ....punish him.

But aye that's too far. Honestly I'd say even pretty light stuff is at least annoying.

So do you think a one-off huge blunder is acceptable?
    Hi, this is your BF and I am very disappoint in you.

ReputationRep:
    when it's having sex...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, this is your BF and I am very disappoint in you.
    http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...ustgotreal.gif

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are in/have been in relationships where do you draw the line on your boyfriend/girlfriend flirting?
    How much is harmless and where does it get to be too much? Would/have any of you left your partners due to flirting?
    My gf does not like me flirting at all unless it is with her. She has been very clear about this from day one. As for leaving, she will be really upset if I flirted with someone else in front of her, and she would probably give me hell for it, but I doubt she would leave because of it.

Myself, I am fine with mild flirting.... and she should know her limits without me needing to tell her.

So do you think a one-off huge blunder is acceptable?
    Depends really, personally I would be more interested to know why that blunder happened rather than the blunder itself.

My boyfriend has a girl mate he admitted to fancying while we weren't together, he messaged her telling her he'd had a dream and she was in it..
    she replied annoyingly saying "ooh what was I wearing"....I saw this and asked if he replied, he said no, later I found out he had replied saying "You weren't wearing much at all, and it looked so good!"
    Did you ask him why he told you a lie and does he know how upset you are with it?

Was it a white lie? How would you have reacted if he told you what he said to her?

I wouldn't say it is something to split up over, especially as it is a long relationship. But I would be wanting to know what other lies has been told.

Perhaps you could give him a last chance to admit everything....or else.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are in/have been in relationships where do you draw the line on your boyfriend/girlfriend flirting?
    How much is harmless and where does it get to be too much? Would/have any of you left your partners due to flirting?
    It really depends on the boundaries you set. Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit of flirting at all. We all flirt, it's inevitable. When it starts to get really touchy feely it does make me feel uncomfortable. For other people, they'll be bothered if you're paying more attention to someone else than them. I've had to compromise in the past because of that. The most important thing by far, IMHO, is being clear about the boundaries. Make sure you both know what's acceptable and what isn't to you two

ReputationRep:
    If the line is there, he's this far past it.

I'm holding my arms about as far apart as they can go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    qft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perhaps)
    qft
    qtf?

ReputationRep:
    You might be right
    Might be? I'm always correct.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.