Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower in the evening or morning? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you usually shower in the evening or in the morning?
    Evening
    45.26%
    Morning
    54.74%

ReputationRep:
    Morning.

Wakes me up and I feel clean for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Morning, my hair is a mess by the morning, and you do sweat many litres overnight..

ReputationRep:
    Both usually....

Prefer morning showers though.

ReputationRep:
    I just like showering in the morning, in school it wasn't an issue in terms of sleeping time as I lived right near it so I could wake up quite late plus I don't take that long showering and for uni I don't always have morning lectures plus I live in halls so I don't find it a problem showering in the morning. If I play footie during the day or something I'd shower after that aswell as having a shower in the morning so going to bed sweaty/dirty isn't a problem either.

Morning or whenever I get up. I feel flustered and unclean otherwise.

ReputationRep:
      Depends how I'm feeling. Sometime morning sometimes evening. I don't have a set daily routine I just roll with it.

ReputationRep:
      Evening/Night - makes me sleep better. Can't do it in the morning or during the day

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by therealOG)
      It is one of the fundamental questions of the universe that has always baffled me. When is the optimum time to have a shower? Solving this question would open countless doors that lead to the advancement of the human race. Standard.
      I really couldnt think of a more banal reason to start a thread.

ReputationRep:
      besides when night time comes, i feel lazy and don't want to bother with a shower that is unless I'm going out to party

ReputationRep:
      I'm straight. I'm just genuinely interested in the general opinion on this matter. Are you insecure or something?
      Nah, not insecure. Well if you're just interested, go ahead..

ReputationRep:
      morning, although if I'm going out in the evening I'll have one before then too

I ALWAYS have one after work - I work in mcdonalds so I need to wash away the smell of fast food, fat people and shame

ReputationRep:
      Mostly in the morning as it wakes me up and is a great start to the day. Also, I'm in that routine now. Sometimes I shower in both the morning and evening (say, if I'm going out) but apart from that, normally shower in the evening if I didn't have time in the morning, am feeling dirty and can chill out in the evening.

ReputationRep:
      Morning - because I look and feel fresh for the rest of the world.

Although if for some reason - like today - my alarm doesn't wake me up and i'm late, I do feel thoroughly screwed.

ReputationRep:
      My arguments for showering in the evening:
      1) It takes so much effort to wake up extra early to have a shower before school. This way I get more sleep

2) There is nothing more relaxing than having a nice hot shower in the evening after a hard day's work

3) I don't want to go to bed all sweaty and dirty after being outside all day, I want to go to bed clean and refreshed. Otherwise my bed sheets will get dirty and unhygienic

4) I hardly sweat in my sleep, going to school without showering in the morning makes no difference to the way I smell/look, and if it did the deodorant is backup.

What about you guys? And what are your arguments?
      I think exactly like you. Shower in the evening, virtually never in the morning. I try and make my morning routine as short as possible - that way I get more sleep.

I really don't get people who say it wakes them up - showers make me sleepy.

ReputationRep:
      I like going for a shower in the morning so it wakes me up and I feel more fresh. I wouldn't say you have to always get up earlier in the morning than people to have time for a shower as half the time i get up later my friends and still have time to and wash/dry my hair. Saying that I do sometimes go for a shower in the evening if I plan to sleep in extra late the next day and before a night out, although I do end up going for a shower again in the morning to 'rinse away' looking so hungover. It is always a nice feeling though to go for a nice shower at night then go to bed all fresh, can't win really!

ReputationRep:
      I like both, usually shower in afternoons though.

I used to shower at school, after going to the gym during my free periods (professional procrastinator). They were so new and shiny, and there was never anybody in there.... It was like having my own personal training facilities... might start gym-ing again

ReputationRep:
      If I don't have a shower in the morning I don't wake up properly, thus morning.

ReputationRep:
      usually when i wake up, if i have to get up early the next day or i'm going out that night i will have another shower in the evening

ReputationRep:
      It's weird going to bed sweaty, greasy and smelly!

ReputationRep:
      in the evening, saves me time cause i just leave my hair to dry at night, a blow dry takes a long time

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.