Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cosmetic Surgery : If you could get ANYTHING done what would it be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybergrad)
    Vanity is for fools, especially if they get parts of their body chopped.

By the way that Asian girl in the photo.....I prefer the "before" version.
    really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Good on you!, just choose the VERY best doctors, otherwise you might regret it, a botched job is my biggest nightmare for my mum.
    Doesn't necessarily make a difference. Everyone ****s up sometimes. Even those who are the best in their field.

ReputationRep:
    i'd never try to change the way i looked drastically. if i had a tonne of money i'd consider some lipo in those wobbly areas i don't like so much but nothing else, even if i don't think i'm stunning, i'm still me and that's the only person i want to be!

also she looked wayyyyyyyyyyy better beforehand!

oh and like someone else said, laser eye surgery if that counts :P DEF having that one day!

ReputationRep:
    Boobs, obv.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather spend the money somewhere else tbh. Like helping starving children in Africa .

ReputationRep:
    The title does say anything. Personally I would get wings also a back up brain so when one brain sleeps the other can be ready to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyDoodle)
    Well, I had a sagittal split osetomy. :3 So my jaw moved forward, but it wasn't by choice. It was NOT worth the month and a bit of not being able to eat and the fact that 5 months later I still can't feel part of my face. Though it is nice seeing a completely different person in the mirror (after the swelling went down and braces off I honestly didn't recognise myself). One thing I would have liked to get done at the same time is to have my chin reduced, they were going to but changed their minds...and now I can't help but notice it! x__x
    Why did you get that done? How much was it?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind a brace for a bit to straighten my teeth, but I can't say I care enough to actually bother paying for it. Should have done it when I was young enough for it to be paid for by the NHS, really. There's nothing else I'd really change (that can't be changed with better diet/exercise).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Boobs, obv.

HA! Bigger or smaller?

ReputationRep:
    Lipo to rid me of the bits exercise cannot and a boob job to put back some of the 'filling' I lost when I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    A penis reduction, probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renlok)
    The title does say anything. Personally I would get wings also a back up brain so when one brain sleeps the other can be ready to go
    That's not cosmetic :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Probably boob job. I'd like to go from 34DD to 34C, to suit my frame more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Why did you get that done? How much was it?
    Because the orthadontist refused to give me braces if I didn't have it. And hell if I know, it was on the NHS. *shrug* Though I do remember a nurse telling me I was lucky because it's normally about £6,000 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    Doesn't necessarily make a difference. Everyone ****s up sometimes. Even those who are the best in their field.
    That's what worries me about my mum, she thinks going to the best cosmetic surgeons in Harley Street means she will 100% get a good result but it seems every makes mistakes! A friend of mine got work done in Thailand :eek: and she came back fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    I'd rather spend the money somewhere else tbh. Like helping starving children in Africa .
    Good point. Ok, assuming the best doctors in the world are insisting on giving me surgery...

Butt implants :awesome: Nah, I jest...my butt would have a gravitational pull if it got any bigger

Ok, now being serious:
    - Laser eye surgery (no more glasses or contacts )
    - A little botox to make my top lip bigger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    Probably boob job. I'd like to go from 34DD to 34C, to suit my frame more.
    EEEK! noo keep your double D's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    Get contacts. Or an IOL transplant if you really wanna do something. LASIK is horrible, I've never met an optician or ophthalmologist who would have it done on their own eyes. Optimax etc are basically sales companies, there's so much they don't tell you. Its obscene that they are allowed to do it.
    Being nosey but what do you do?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd probably get some eyebrows transplanted onto my ******* so that I could make it look angry or happy at appropriate times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyDoodle)
    Because the orthadontist refused to give me braces if I didn't have it. And hell if I know, it was on the NHS. *shrug* Though I do remember a nurse telling me I was lucky because it's normally about £6,000 ?
    Oh wow, apparently people can get there jaws reduced using botox these days, that seems so much better than going under the knife

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.