Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have people started revising for C1 Maths exam yet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    did revision for this exam back in november did all the papers back then and got average of 73/75 out of 14 papers i think, gonna do 2 or 3 more this weekend so its fresh in my mind once again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    I really am so unmotivated, argh was meant to revise with a friend today but even made an excuse not to go with her.
    Need a wake up call.
    lol yea its pretty boring revising it and i cba sometimes either...what grades does the univeristy you wanna go to, require?

ReputationRep:
    Is that from the textbook? I cant find my textbook :K:
    My C1 edexcel textbook :yes: it's brilliant and so easy to understand

ReputationRep:
    Past papers is all you need!

ReputationRep:
    You only need an a for c 1 & two. Getting a high a e.g. 97% won't equate in you having a higher chance to get an A* for A level

ReputationRep:
    well when i did C1 i understood it enough from going over and over it in lessons that i didn't really need to revise, so you should be fine, justm focus on the parts which you feel you're weak at, and just do a load of past papers
    i have C2 10th of Jan! i'm downloading past papers for it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildStallion94)
    lol yea its pretty boring revising it and i cba sometimes either...what grades does the univeristy you wanna go to, require?
    I don't know what I want do in uni yet, let alone know which one I want to go to. Aiming for an A though :bigsmile:

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis Jnr)
    My C1 edexcel textbook :yes: it's brilliant and so easy to understand
    Ah I've got an AQA textbook. I hate the discriminant :mad: Dont understand it at all.

ReputationRep:
    C1 C2 M1 S1 /cry

ReputationRep:
    C1 is easy, I don't think a C is impressive, in my mock most of the people got C or above, lots of people got A's. My mate got 96% and was annoyed he didn't get 100%. I advise you to get all of the past papers done in the next week and redo them untill you have 90% or more in each of them. If you really want an A you should be doing that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    C1 C2 M1 S1 /cry
    Same, those 4 modules here too >.<
    I must get doing some S1 past papers, they always have weird wordy questions :O

ReputationRep:
    Ah I've got an AQA textbook. I hate the discriminant :mad: Dont understand it at all.
    i hated it too but i find it easy to hand with

as soon as you see the word roots, postive roots or something similair to that, u shud be thinking b(squared)-4ac and then sub in what b and a and c is into the equation. if it's postive roots, it would be b(squared)-4ac >0
    if it has no roots, then it's less than zero

check out: examsolutions.co.uk, it's brilliant and has many past paper questions with a video tutorial on how to do em' and its for free

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE 4 AS EXAMS IN JANUARY - ONE AFTER THE OTHER!
    I'm just really stressed out.
    The only think I understand in C1 is Differentiators and Polynomials and the rest is just

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis Jnr)
    i hated it too but i find it easy to hand with

as soon as you see the word roots, postive roots or something similair to that, u shud be thinking b(squared)-4ac and then sub in what b and a and c is into the equation. if it's postive roots, it would be b(squared)-4ac >0
    if it has no roots, then it's less than zero

check out: examsolutions.co.uk, it's brilliant and has many past paper questions with a video tutorial on how to do em' and its for free
    Thank dude, that site is awesome

(Original post by TheHeart)
    I HAVE 4 AS EXAMS IN JANUARY - ONE AFTER THE OTHER!
    I'm just really stressed out.
    The only think I understand in C1 is Differentiators and Polynomials and the rest is just
    I reccomend you use this site if you're struggling, it's great!

http://examsolutions.co.uk/A-Level-m...s/contents.php

ReputationRep:
    C1 as said early is pretty much easy. When I took it last year when i was in yr11. I started revising on on the 2nd day of january and doing lots of past papers and book revision for 5 solid days. Got 92% in exam. Its no too late to start revising!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Same, those 4 modules here too >.<
    I must get doing some S1 past papers, they always have weird wordy questions :O
    Do you do an accelerated Maths course? I really wish they did it at our School but we have to do 3 modules this year and 3 the next :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have the exam on the 10th Jan doing OCR paper. I'm going to start after New Years eve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femto)
    Do you do an accelerated Maths course? I really wish they did it at our School but we have to do 3 modules this year and 3 the next :rolleyes:
    yeah, so we can do Further Maths A level next year - I'm sure you can self teach some modules though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    yeah, so we can do Further Maths A level next year - I'm sure you can self teach some modules though
    Yeah could I suppose but were also doing AS Further this year so

ReputationRep:
    c1 tbh is really easy compared to the rest...c2 aint so bad either, just go through the latest past papers for c1 and u will notice the similar pattern trends every year for similar questions...3 days before the exam should be enough

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.