• View Poll Results: Guys Wearing Eyeliner
    It looks good
    24.03%
    It looks terrible
    56.59%
    Indifferent
    19.38%

ReputationRep:
    I used to think it was really hot. Safe to say it was just a phase.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it. I'd say it's ok for fancy dress, and that's it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest;

One of the greatest missed opportunities for male beautification was the 1980s.

Why can't men wear make up? I don't mean the full slap like Scouse girls; but eye liner, foundation etc - I think we blokes missed a trick there to be honest, because as society is changing, more attractive girls are going for prettier kempt boys, and a lot of boys could accentuate a lot of their features with a bit of make up.

I do cringe at crossdressing, and the whole Eddie Izzard thing -

But as a straight guy, I can honestly say DAVID BOWIE in Labyrinth is HOT HOT HOT

ReputationRep:
    assuming the eyeliner is put on good, on some guys it looks AMAZING, but on some it kinda looks stupid.

ReputationRep:
    terrible idea. make up is female.....

ReputationRep:
    e.g. Adam Lambert...yes i know hes gay but i still maintain he looks hot with guyliner on.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I think it just makes people look emo.

ReputationRep:
    I said indifferent because I might not mind it on a guy who suited it, but as a general rule its a big no-no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildStallion94)
    e.g. Adam Lambert...yes i know hes gay but i still maintain he looks hot with guyliner on.
    :yep:

I think guyliner is something only a few men can pull off. Like Adam Lambert and the guy from Tokyo Hotel. And of course Tim Minchin.

ReputationRep:
    Well you decide, A or B:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the guy and how it's applied. If it's very subtle I think it can actually look really hot. What many don't realise is that most male models you see in fashion advertisements and catwalks (who are very often extremely good looking, and not all are gay) wear eyeliner and/or mascara but done in a way that is very discrete and so enhances their beauty.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE it it would seem. But I think that;s just my kind of thing I like in a guy... same as longer than average hair.
    Just look at Tim Minchin, Noel Fielding, Tuomas Holopainen, Scabior (from harry potter), etc...
    I'll be back tomorrow to be more analytical. Be excited

ReputationRep:
    No ta.

ReputationRep:
    I. Love. It.

But I guess the guy has to 'suit' the eyeliner. For instance, eyeliner is a win on the likes of Gerard Way, Jared Leto etc. But if you put eyeliner on someone who looks like Zac Efron or *insert tween star*, it will just look ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Well you decide, A or B:

kinda eww

(Original post by LabyrinthWonder)
    I. Love. It.

But I guess the guy has to 'suit' the eyeliner. For instance, eyeliner is a win on the likes of Gerard Way, Jared Leto etc. But if you put eyeliner on someone who looks like Zac Efron or *insert tween star*, it will just look ridiculous.
    and do you really think the above looks good?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it can look HOT! But then again, only the right type of guy can pull it off! Idk why but I don't think guys with blonde hair would be able to pull it off but definately guys with brown & black hair could! I quite like it! If I had a bf who wore it, I wouldn't mind! Just as long as he didn't go overboard cos then I would start to worry lol! :/

I think it suits the guy in the attached pic!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I like it.
    Russell Brand, :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Well you decide, A or B:

:sogood:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.