Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you like to know if a guy/girl liked you? Watch

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yes! It's so annoying when a mate tells you years later that they had a crush on you in high school - all the while you had a crush on them too but never had the guts to tell them!

So yes, it's always nice to know someone likes you.
    So true! This happened to me a few weeks ago, I liked this girl for my last year of school and drove myself crazy trying to get her to notice me, all the while believing she didn't care and I never got to know her when I wish I did. I then see her out, she's mad drunk and tells me how she really liked me for ages and ignored me because she thought I'd never feel the same way. Would be a happy ending but she then went on to say she's so glad she got over it over the summer and found someone new... my reaction was literally 'WHAT????!!!!!!'
    Simple FML is appropriate here.

ReputationRep:
    well it does not really matter anyway cause any girl would not like me. i would like to know but am sure the answer is like 99% no

(Original post by Lemons)
      Yes, it's an ego boost
      Sure is! :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
      Yes, I'd like to know

just to see if there is a pattern in the characters I seem to attract

or of course, i may actually LIKE the person so that would be good to know xD

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, though the results would probably come back as no one :'(

ReputationRep:
      Yes

ReputationRep:
      yeah

ReputationRep:
      Sure, then if you like them to you can drop subtle hints that you also want more
      and if you don't... then i s'pose it's just a bit of an ego boost
      unless noone likes you... ouch

ReputationRep:
      Yep

ReputationRep:
      Yesss, the guy is the one who should let the girl know anyways
      they need to stop being pussys :cool:

ReputationRep:
      Yet to meet the girl that didn't find me awesome. Seriously, I am that awesome

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, it's good to know if they like you because it's flattering and not a big deal.
      BUT it's a real pain to hear if someone thinks they're in love with you. That's too heavy and just a bit awkward and unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Peachykeen09)
      Yesss, the guy is the one who should let the girl know anyways
      they need to stop being pussys :cool:
      Why?

And why does that make them analagous to female genetalia?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hey TSR)
      Even if you didnt think much of them, would you still like to know?
      It depends. If I really like the person, probably I would not want to know, otherwise I would spend a great deal of time blaming myself for not having made a move.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by wilson_smith)
      Why?

And why does that make them analagous to female genetalia?
      It's their job.
      Don't take it so literally. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      I guess it would just appeal to my ego

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Peachykeen09)
      It's their job.
      Don't take it so literally. :rolleyes:
      Why is it their job?

Don't perpetuate ridiculous gender roles then, casual sexism is an antiquated bore.

ReputationRep:
      Why not?
      I suspect most people would want to anyway :|

ReputationRep:
      You may as well tell him, what do you have to lose?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
      Yes. But that's when everything became awkward and you wouldn't know how to communicate with them in a normal way like you used to.
      There was a time I liked a guy, and a friend told me that this same guy liked me too. Then that opened my eyes up, as I started noticing things giving me clues that he did infact 'like' me. With the shy person that I am, it made me all nervous since I knew what he didn't. I couldn't talk to him like I used to. Had that friend not told me, everything may have worked out nicely..

So with that said, if I were to be told, yes I'd want the person themself to tell me, but not their friend to give away the secret.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.