Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What features are attractive to a girl about a guy that a guy can control? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Money.

You gold-digging morally bankrupt *****es should be shot.
    This is the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Good fashion sense.

Smells nice.

Good hair cut (reasonably short, please, never been a fan of long hair on men)

Good music/movie/book taste (though that's possibly outside of his control)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm talking muscle shtuff, fashion, certain character traits etc. that a guy has control over, that he can change, adapt etc (unlike facial features for example), that girls find attractive.

Feel very free indeed to give some sort of weighting to your answers (certain muscle group more important than another, fashion more important than [blablabla] etc.).

Anon because this is fairly personal!
    If you can effect a good-quality trilby or fedora hat (and affect the requisite sense of personal style) then I would strongly recommend doing so. Only this evening I was approached by an attractive – if somewhat inebriated – blonde who seized mine right off the top of my head, wished me a "Merry Christmas" and then proceeded to kiss me full on the lips before leaving with her putative boyfriend in tow: had I not been wearing it, I doubt she would've noticed me at all.

Hats project maturity and sartorial sophistication; moreover, they get you noticed – which, in a bar or nightclub environment, is arguably half the battle. Wear one with confidence, rather than as a gimmick, and you're almost guaranteed to attract the right sort of attention.

ReputationRep:
    bad boys with beautiful features and a totally arrogant attitude..i hate good boys who give in to everything!

ReputationRep:
    The no. of electric impulses passed down the perineal nerve/
    Penile length.

ReputationRep:
    -Good Hygiene and smell.
    -Sweet caring nature.
    -Not overwelmingly touchy feely when you first meet them (a guy who you just meet who decides to uninvitedly start touching you all over theres something extremely cheap about that)
    -Humour/not taking himself too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Being fit.

ReputationRep:
    Humour (knows how to engage in banter)
    A good body
    Confidence
    A style which they can pull off
    Good hygiene/smell
    Smile

ReputationRep:
    Things a guy can control that I find attractive is the way he acts towards me. I can't stand guys who try to act all tough and end up being rude and childish.
    In terms of physique, fashion and things like this, I'd say everyone is unique and you shouldn't change your style for example just so that a certain girl would get to like you. Find a girl which likes you the way you are.

ReputationRep:
    Smell. There are certain types of smells that are instant attractors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBxx)
    Humour (knows how to engage in banter)
    A good body
    Confidence
    A style which they can pull off
    Good hygiene/smell
    Smile :)
    Definitely this. And good clothes and good hair is always a bonus :)
    But yeah, definitely smile. I know you can't really change your teeth unless you consider dental work, but it's more the way that you smile and your body language. A friendly and confident smile works wonders:)

ReputationRep:
    smell is coming up more than i thought! ive been really lazy recently just using soap in the shower and a cheap deoderant. May have to change that one

ReputationRep:
    Being successful? Idk...

ReputationRep:
    It has to be evident that you at least care about your health (as in, you're not anorexic, and not obese), it's really refreshing to see guys who knows what to do to stay healthy.
    Although, I am pretty attractive to "chubbier" guys... I don't usually go for guys skinnier than me (as a rule of thumb). As long as the chubbiness isn't all due to lack of exercise. I love a guy who likes to eat (because I feel bad whenever I eat a TON, and they don't. xD).

I would also say a personality check could be in order.
    I don't care for guys who don't treat me as an equal / can't be a bit childish at times, and only think of their "image" as a bad guy, or something along those lines... -.-'

ReputationRep:
    a little bit of stubble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Musical talent, or piano hands :fyi:

I play the piano. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I personally say:
    -Style (the more unique the better)
    -smile
    smell

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness?

Not acting like a knob
    Not dressing like a knob (see pictures above for illustration)
    Not being a knob

Most guys fail at at least 2 of these things.

Also:
    not being a pathetic failure of a human being; symptoms of being a complete failure are being grossly overweight, lacking in personal hygeine, not having a job/place at uni, still living with mum aged 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm talking muscle shtuff, fashion, certain character traits etc. that a guy has control over, that he can change, adapt etc (unlike facial features for example), that girls find attractive.

Feel very free indeed to give some sort of weighting to your answers (certain muscle group more important than another, fashion more important than [blablabla] etc.).

Anon because this is fairly personal!
    body figure - healthy, not too sporty (no muscle men please!) and foremost not too skinny! what girl wants a boyfriend who's skinnier than her?

hair - get a nice haircut regularly, don't over-style

facial hair - i personally don't like facial hair... it easily looks raggle-taggle... especially the cba-to-shave-three-day-beard

clothes - no band tshirts please! i really like it when guys wear not-too-tight-not-too-loose jeans with a belt and a shirt or pullover also, i really like guys with scarfs

teeth - maybe it's just me but a guy's teeth is one of the first things i check out... teeth that are really yellowish or not straight to the degree that it is eye-catching... no thanks!

hands - same as teeth basically. include them in your grooming! cutting your nails and using hand cream every now and then won't kill you but will affect your appearance in a positive way

smell - put on some parfume/after-shave, girls love it when guys smell good

ReputationRep:
    Money, obviously.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.