greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Roo Bix)
Just no, geg.
Don't judge me Roo

It was only for fancy dress, I've got naturally long and full lashes anyway...just needed to look even more cartoony and doll like!
Miss_Scarlet
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The problem with the ones that are 'ready glued' in my experience, is that they do not hold for long.
I tried them too, but find they fall off more easily and do not last long, whereas if you add the glue yourself, it lasts as long as you want.
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've only ever used the girls aloud/eyelure ones. I'm hoping to try out those majorly cheap ones i've seen around with glue from my old ones... they look ok.
meemoo83
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i never tried to wear them myself..
when i have a big party I'll go to the makeup artist
<< can't risk looking fool

but alongside the glue and eyeliner, take the mascara too
in case they fall and u couldn't stick them then u can correct it
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Flipping disgusting. :facepalm2:
Anya~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
Flipping disgusting. :facepalm2:
wtf? Why is it disgusting?
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anya~)
wtf? Why is it disgusting?
:rofl: I love it how you're all pretending to have nice long eyelashes and then just yank them off before you go to sleep and just regard that as normal.

Classic scene sums it up.

"Now what else on your body can't you get on the mall?"
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
:rofl: I love it how you're all pretending to have nice long eyelashes and then just yank them off before you go to sleep and just regard that as normal.

To be honest I do agree...I would never wear falsies normally but wanted to look extremely cartoon/doll like for fancy dress!

Mind you I guess wearing falsies isn't really any different to wearing makeup, you take that off at night too as well!
Anya~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I dont wear false eyelashes thanks. I just dont see why someone would be so sad as to come into a make-up forum and then a make-up thread just to say "flipping disgusting". Who gives a ****?

Get some friends
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anya~)
I dont wear false eyelashes thanks. I just dont see why someone would be so sad as to come into a make-up forum and then a make-up thread just to say &quot;flipping disgusting&quot;. Who gives a ****?

Get some friends
It's a forum, i.e where people express opinions. :top:
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anya~)
I dont wear false eyelashes thanks. I just dont see why someone would be so sad as to come into a make-up forum and then a make-up thread just to say "flipping disgusting". Who gives a ****?

Get some friends
What's wrong with you? :eyebrow:

It's a forum, i.e where people express opinions. :top:
:ditto:
meemoo83
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well.. it's not a plastic surgery and in some special occasions we tend to try what's in malls to look prettier
Roo Bix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Don't judge me Roo

It was only for fancy dress, I've got naturally long and full lashes anyway...just needed to look even more cartoony and doll like!
In that case :cute:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roo Bix)
In that case :cute:
:jumphug:
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
But expensive I'm guessing
Think its about £8-£10. For a tube about 20x the size of the pathetic little ones you get with eyelure lashes. And it is great stuff.

I'd also recommend the MAC lashes - easy to clean and i normally get about 3-4 wears out of each set. If you're like me and always end up with odd looking eyes, go for the half strip #20 lash for that fuller outer corner look without the dodgy inner corner
ShinyT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Please don't tell me you got the ones so big they weigh down your eyes and make you look drunk !
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just wore Eyelure lashes for 2 evenings and they looked quite nice.

Eyelure are good for 1-2 uses e.g. night out. They looked quite good, but not as good as Shu Uemura. They def won't last longer than 1-2 uses, whereas Shu Uemura last for MANY uses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads