Uni Application Enquiry Watch

Lord dudek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anshul95)
No my blog is more about problems than history. Visit it and join if you like. EPQ stands for extended project which is free standing qualification where you can write an essay on anything you like. I chose the history and applications of calculus. I am really enjoying it but its the paperwork that can get really annoying.
I chose not to do an EPQ, but your topic sounds fun. Would be interesting to read that once your finished.
pappymajek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lord dudek)
IMHO Mathematics gave birth to physics. Science cannot be proved without mathematics. Even though physics births some mathematics, it is the mathematics which makes it possible, and provable. As Michael sing says in his book "Fermat’s last theorem", scientists make hypothesis on trial an error tests, which in an infinite amount of time, could be proved differently. Mathematicians prove something to be absolutely true, which is undeniable in all cases.

But you could also argue that matter itself was created by the laws of physics-big bang, etc. and then mathematics introduced order into the formed matter.
pappymajek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anshul95)
No my blog is more about problems than history. Visit it and join if you like. EPQ stands for extended project which is free standing qualification where you can write an essay on anything you like. I chose the history and applications of calculus. I am really enjoying it but its the paperwork that can get really annoying.
Wow, thats cool. I would really love to do a project on topics like history of mathematics, Calculus, etc.
Thats amazing. I have to say Ive never heard of free standing qualifications up until now, I'll check it out.
anshul95
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pappymajek)
But you could also argue that matter itself was created by the laws of physics-big bang, etc. and then mathematics introduced order into the formed matter.
and in terms of calculus the water gets even muddier because some of the early developments of calculus were due to problems in physics. But most physicists were mathematicians in those times anyway . E.g. Kepler with his method indivisibles, obviously Newton etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads