Why does my friend act so moody when i'm with my boyfriend? Watch

LUCYPOOCEY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)
It must feel rubbish from both sides, and I think you hit the nail on the head - she thought you were equally friends. Maybe get him to spend a bit of time with her too? Or even if you're with a group of friends maybe just chose her over him for a bit?

However, also remember that you can only appease her for so long. If she carried on acting like this, confront her. Tell her you're trying really hard to be patient and remain friends, but you're worried you've done something to upset her. But make sure you do it when no one else it around. Hope it gets better!
Yeh i've told him to still try and have a friendship with her so she doesn't feel used.. and yeh that's a good idea to chose her over him occasionally. I'll definitely confront her if this carries on, it's really hard to ignore seeing as how obvious it is. Thanks for the advice
LUCYPOOCEY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rozap)
Sadly not, she's never had a serious boyfriend though and her resentment towards him only started showing through after about 6 months, but it's probably the same thing, I reckon it's just jealousy that she wants a boyfriend/subconsciously wants to spend the same amount of time alone with you as she did before.
Ohh i can see this happening with us, especially as she's the kind of person who likes to be really close to one friend (who is/was me). Well whatever, she'll just have to accept it either way.
Angela_Beth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe you're ignoring her?
LUCYPOOCEY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mistersjmcg)
Because you ignore your girlfriends and go all lovely dovey with your boyfriend, like every ***** does.
I would have thought this to be a good reason, but being in the situation i know i don't act at all lovey dovey, we act exactly the same as when we were just friends around other people. And i still talk to her the same amount as before when he's there. Honestly, if you were a fly on the wall you'd understand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise