Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire social life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They put a message up on studynet which says:

We have confirmation that one male was injured during the incident. The individual was treated that evening at the QEII Hospital and his injuries have been reported as non-critical and his condition is stable.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Probably the usual lax security, bad as it sounds, they need someone to die before they really do something about it.
Reply 22
Original post by DoktaUH
Probably the usual lax security, bad as it sounds, they need someone to die before they really do something about it.

You know what, I thought the exact same. If security took a more active role this could actually have been prevented. In fact less than 24 hours after the incident, i walk in the LRC and what is the security guard doing? Reading a newspaper as if he was lying on the beach in the bahamas.. seriously -_-
I couldn't tell you what uni life is like here but I live here the nightlife is sh*t. I have never been to Watford but apparently it's ok. In Stevenage you will get raped by chavs and in Luton you will be stabbed by chavs.

God I can't wait to leave.
Reply 24
Original post by Pop_tart
You know what, I thought the exact same. If security took a more active role this could actually have been prevented. In fact less than 24 hours after the incident, i walk in the LRC and what is the security guard doing? Reading a newspaper as if he was lying on the beach in the bahamas.. seriously -_-

There really needs to be an organisation, seperate from all the univeristies that tests campus security, like mystery shopper for retail businesses. Will only take one "poor" recommendation and they'll soon improve security where its weakest (and we know where that is) but for obvious reasons I wont explain where those are, but next time I'm in the area I'll try get on campus again to see if its improved.
Reply 25
Original post by rachelll=)
I couldn't tell you what uni life is like here but I live here the nightlife is sh*t. I have never been to Watford but apparently it's ok. In Stevenage you will get raped by chavs and in Luton you will be stabbed by chavs.

All hail the media for scaring the masses :P

Also, glad to hear the victim is stable.
Reply 26
Original post by rachelll=)

luton is such a **** hole, and i don't like walking around it on my own, and i'm a well built 6 ft 2 guy. just filled with chavs and also, if anything goes wrong, because you're in hertfordshire and thats bedfordshire, the police services always take ages to act on it, and theres **** loads of paper work lalala..

i've never been out in stevenage but from what you've said sounds dodgy..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending