Geography @ Kings Watch

rjmorey1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi I've just firmed Kings
I think ill apply for either SSA or Great Dover Street.
Really excited!!!!!
Heinz the German
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Even if I do get an offer from UCL (highly unlikely, after my debacle of an interview the other week!) I think that i'm going to firm King's. The atmosphere at the post-offer day on Wednesday was superb - it just felt like a much friendlier place than UCL did.
chr1stopher11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rjmorey1)
Hi I've just firmed Kings
I think ill apply for either SSA or Great Dover Street.
Really excited!!!!!
Yay, congratulations! Btw, you can apply for all of the available accommodation, which is recommended as most people apparently don't get their first choice

(Original post by Heinz the German)
Even if I do get an offer from UCL (highly unlikely, after my debacle of an interview the other week!) I think that i'm going to firm King's. The atmosphere at the post-offer day on Wednesday was superb - it just felt like a much friendlier place than UCL did.
I agree. King's does have a lovely and welcoming atmosphere, which was one of the reasons why I decided to firm it Have you firmed it yet or are you still thinking about it?
Heinz the German
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Will firm it when I get home and can find my login details for Track
jandrews1471
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Lupo.)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see how many geographers are on here - starting 2011.

I got my offer for AAB BA in Geography

Max
I am starting in 2011, I got an AAB for BA geography
kebabmonk
Report 8 years ago
How is everyone's accommodation coming along? I haven't put mine in yet, lol, too scared to be rejected from stamford street.
jandrews1471
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have done mine, Connought is my first choice.
.Lupo.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by kebabmonk)
How is everyone's accommodation coming along? I haven't put mine in yet, lol, too scared to be rejected from stamford street.
I've applied but doubt I'll actually get it seeing I live within the M25. Did put first choice as Stamford Street though
jandrews1471
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where is everyone from?
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Heinz the German)
Biggest mistake of your life.
chr1stopher11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kebabmonk)
How is everyone's accommodation coming along?
I'm going to do mine at the end of May, once all my exams are done, but I'm going to go for the cheaper options - KCH, Hampstead, Brian Creamer and Wolfson

(Original post by jandrews1471)
Where is everyone from?
Glasgow you?

(Original post by therealOG)
Biggest mistake of your life.
What is with you and your hatred of KCL???!!! Stop trolling. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't even bother coming to the KCL sub forums.
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chr1stopher11)
What is with you and your hatred of KCL???!!! Stop trolling. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't even bother coming to the KCL sub forums.
Nah nah nah, you got me all wrong!!!

I meant that in a joking kind of way, chill bro, I didn't mean any offense. I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, my wording was misleading.

I haven't got any hatred for KCL. I would have definitely applied there if they had offered my course In the other thread I was just arguing the point that UCL on the whole is better than KCL, nothing more.
chr1stopher11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah nah nah, you got me all wrong!!!

I meant that in a joking kind of way, chill bro, I didn't mean any offense. I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, my wording was misleading.

I haven't got any hatred for KCL. I would have definitely applied there if they had offered my course In the other thread I was just arguing the point that UCL on the whole is better than KCL, nothing more.
It sure did look like you hated KCL.

it's beyond doubt that UCL > KCL...the very large gap that exists between UCL and KCL...only a deluded KCL student would make such an outlandish statement...biggest mistake of your life
Anyway, I'm very glad I got into KCL. I heard that the UCL and KCL geography courses are similar anyway.
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It sure did look like you hated KCL.
I wasn't hating on KCL at all - when did I insult it? I was arguing my point that UCL is superior to KCL.

I heard that the UCL and KCL geography courses are similar anyway.
You heard wrong, but you'll hardly be disadvantaged by going for KCL, it just depends on what you want to do afterwards.
chr1stopher11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wasn't hating on KCL at all - when did I insult it? I was arguing my point that UCL is superior to KCL.
Seriously... Right, moving on.

You heard wrong, but you'll hardly be disadvantaged by going for KCL, it just depends on what you want to do afterwards.
Oh well never mind then. What do you want to do after graduating then?
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What do you want to do after graduating then?
At the moment I'm looking at investment banking, consultancy, or a Masters in development/globalisation. What about you? (I'm doing a joint honours course in Economics and Geography btw)
chr1stopher11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At the moment I'm looking at investment banking, consultancy, or a Masters in development/globalisation. What about you? (I'm doing a joint honours course in Economics and Geography btw)
Ah ok. I was thinking about an accounting/finance career until I did a bit of bookkeeping. I found it boring. I'm thinking about doing urban planning or maybe something to do with tourism, maybe hotel manager - I don't really know. If I did want to do urban planning then I would be good to do an accredited masters. Tbh, I'm leaning towards international urban planning. I'd like to have an international career . But obviously I might completely change my mind in a few years time

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck in getting the entry requirements for uni if you need to get any
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah ok. I was thinking about an accounting/finance career until I did a bit of bookkeeping. I found it boring. I'm thinking about doing urban planning or maybe something to do with tourism, maybe hotel manager - I don't really know. If I did want to do urban planning then I would be good to do an accredited masters. Tbh, I'm leaning towards international urban planning. I'd like to have an international career . But obviously I might completely change my mind in a few years time

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck in getting the entry requirements for uni if you need to get any
Just be aware that "book-keeping/auditing" is a tiny part of accounting and finance. There's so many different areas of accounting, and once you become a chartered accountant many people go into investment banking and strategic consultancy.
jandrews1471
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going to do mine at the end of May, once all my exams are done, but I'm going to go for the cheaper options - KCH, Hampstead, Brian Creamer and Wolfson

Glasgow you?

Nearish to London but outside the M25 lol, about an hour away.
hooba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey fellow Geographers !

BA GEOGRAPHY AT KINGS 2011 ! WOOP WOOP ¬

stamford street is by far the most ideal location . right on the southbank at a ten minute walk to the strand . although hamstead is the most spacious/cleanest and nicest . but i guess it all depends on what you want ..

anyone considering private accomodation?

you guys excited ? =)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise